Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone against traders?

Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    We are here to share files, ideas and basically give freely of ourselves. Trading is not giving something free BUT asking for something in return. From a old school member of the warez community, this is frowned upon.

Share - don't sell or trade or expect anything in return. If everyone lived their lives in such a way, the world would be a better place. Hell, we wouldn't have ratios on sites if it not for the few individuals who take advantage of other's kindness.

In addition, sites frown on trading or even giving invites to strangers. How do you think so many invites end up for sale on Ebay? It's not from you giving your buddy from college an invite to BMTV. It's from a trade you made with a stranger so you could get what YOU wanted. With no concern for the security of the site.

It doesnt make sense what you are saying. Dont sell or trade, world would be a better world? Do you know something about economics ? If there was no monetary system, no currency, no money, no voluntary exchange, you would still be living in a stone age.

Trading doesnt mean not giving away. There are just some things you cannot request. Like you cannot go to the car dealer and ask him to give you away one of his car ? World better ? Depends for who...

This is good thing that people want something in return there is nothing wrong with that. It's even better when someone decides to give something for free but to be honest, you can not live your life in a great world, constantly requesting something.

And as you may know or now, depends if you studied some economics before you will know that human being can never satisfy his needs. This is the reason why we have money and exchange system. To limit this infinite demand that we create - human greed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    i will try to make it short as possible ppl acting like anti traders coz thay think thay will get free invites from tracker mods and this happen and tracker mods just think thay are honest and thay have been into trade before and almost of anti traders had onther accounts in fst before and its just new start for them and to ears all the tradeing and rep points about trades thay did here before all i just need to say its all bull**** and if u guys relly thank all traders is bad then u are wrong thay are good users more then anti traders and more usefull to the other members

and i wont bother fst members every day by posting reqs (i need this i need that)

and no body trying to help any traders here mods or the members thay call them selfs anti traders

i dont say all mods here are bad but some of them relly got the whole story in wrong way

trade is bad ok i am with u but what the trade will do if every body dont care about him in give aways traders not allowed by mods u was a trader so what thay can do (nothing) just one thing and it will be the last thing thay will make new accounts and typ in them sign trades is bad and this shi* and jump in every singel trade thred and swear at the trader its relly joke and its turn to become a silly one to be honest
    Last edited by supper; 12-07-2007 at 02:29 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Man, ever heard of a full stop? That is mission to read.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Okay. Nice points some of you make. Especially the economics one. But I just want to make sure I get one point across.

MOST everyone on here would be traders and there would be a lot fewer giveaways if rep and nontrading weren't so important here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by virtus134 View Post
    But, most everyone here follows something like "Don't be a trader, make some giveaways, get GET GOOD INVITES IN RETURN"

Sounds a lot like trading to me. People are still giving, but they expect something in return. If this "unwritten law" wasn't here, then most everyone here would be trading and would post a few giveaways every now and then.
    The rule is you're supposed to give to people who you trust. People who you befriend are easier for you to trust, therefor some people have been giving advice to others to stay around, get to know people and let others get to know you. It is possible that at some stage people who get to know you will help you out if they can, but that is just a side effect and not the main goal, or at least shouldn't be. I, personally, have a lot more respect for people who'll see some random noob looking for help and just help him out, instead of those doing fancy giveaways where everyone can see how "generous" they are, only to later return and say "u dezervs it!!1" when he finally begs for his level 12 invite.

Back on topic: somehow, over time, some people did get it wrong, and it turned out to be "help others and they will help you back in return". This contains the expectation factor, which I agree can be seen as some sort of trading, after a fashion. Now we're at the next stage where people go around with a "first make friends then ask for level X" sort of thing, which is basically prostituting friendship for invites and something that I have to admit really pisses me off personally.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    i will try to make it short as possible ppl acting like anti traders coz thay think thay will get free invites from tracker mods and this happen and tracker mods just think thay are honest and thay have been into trade before and almost of anti traders had onther accounts in fst before and its just new start for them and to ears all the tradeing and rep points about trades thay did here before all i just need to say its all bull**** and if u guys relly thank all traders is bad then u are wrong thay are good users more then anti traders and more usefull to the other members

and i wont bother fst members every day by posting reqs (i need this i need that)

and no body trying to help any traders here mods or the members thay call them selfs anti traders

i dont say all mods here are bad but some of them relly got the whole story in wrong way
    ...I think you're the one who's got the story the wrong way, and people that just pretend not to like trading are the same as traders. They're opportunists. Also I've seen at least two people I know for sure are on second accounts recently and guess what they're traders.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by virtus134 View Post
    MAKES YOU A HOMOSEXUAL DOUCHE BAG WHO DESERVES TO DIE.
    ^ This and

Traders are more than likely responsible for the take down of OiNK. Some trader probably traded with an agent giving them access to the site to gather information.
    please don't tell me u actually believe that. If they (authorities) NEED to access a site...they got money n they will buy in the access.

Now, going to your question. Most anti-trader are against trader because...

1. Trading is NOT allowed by many bittorrent sites

2. Invites are meant to be free!

3. It's not about who has what, it's about who is what.

However, i do believe none of the factors above should encourage users at FST to thrash traders because...

1. Traders are basis of FST. As pointed out, most of the giveaway in bittorrent section [is probably] made by traders

2. FST itself has hidden group for hardcore traders. Meanwhile they do also have hidden group for extreme anti-trader.

But then i suppose everyone has FREE WILL and right to SPEAK WHATEVER THEY WANT...so thrash, break, scratch, beat, kill, shoot, punch, curse each out out...but i don't care because...

I am NOT a trader but NOT an anti-trader either
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-07-2007 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It bothers only loosers how other people get invites. Don't worry about that, make your 5 requests a day and be happy but don't judge other people like they are criminals.

I have my way to get invites and I should be none of your problems, I make giveaways and help sometime so this is they only thing you should care about.

I don't care about rep points as someone mentioned this as the only factor forcing traders to giveaway. To be honest I have about 120 successful trades in here and I never actually cared about those points. Just waste of time in my opinion.
    Have a nice day.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post

^ This and

Traders are more than likely responsible for the take down of OiNK. Some trader probably traded with an agent giving them access to the site to gather information.
    please don't tell me u actually believe that. if they (authorities) NEED to access a site...they got money n they will buy in the access.

That's true they will buy the invite no need to trade at all...but what I'm wondering is where does the invite seller get the invite?
    Last edited by sear; 12-07-2007 at 02:38 AM. Reason: board messed up my quote

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post

...I think you're the one who's got the story the wrong way, and people that just pretend not to like trading are the same as traders. They're opportunists. Also I've seen at least two people I know for sure are on second accounts recently and guess what they're traders.
    iam not sure if i got the story in the wrong way if u say the same thing u are agree with me sear u just said the same thing

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast