Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: antivirus on seedbox?

fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Sorry, I think this is still related, how to turn off Windows 2003 web server ? I think leave it open on the seedbox will cause a problem someday

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibre View Post
    Turning off the Windows firewall isn't recommended. Just add the ports you need and block all others. If a new exploit comes along and you have every port open, you're screwed
    lol. well if your using you box correctly and have a nice tough pass you really have nuthin to worry bout, hell you better off havin ms fook up da server with a update then havin someone hack your server. Anyways worst comes to worst, reflash ftw.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    You have plenty to worry about. Bots are constantly scanning IP ranges for boxes with vulnerabilities. If you don't have a firewall, they'll be straight in.

Just like bots trying to brute force SSH logins.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibre View Post
    Just like bots trying to brute force SSH logins.
    hehe on linux box, i set one time incorrect pass = BAN, change port to sumthin wierd 9222 (example), and set auto block and ban foreva on anything that visits ports 22,21,80 to name a few.

on windows meh... it windows lol has holes everywhere

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    If you enter your password incorrectly (typo), you'll block yourself out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12