Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eset Nod32

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Just trying the Anti Virus Business Edition ver. 3.0.556.0 . Seems pretty good nice and fast I paired with ZA pro firewall . I was using Kaspersky but after the Black Key debacle thought I'd move on .

Just a question ,was wondering if it gets fucked by updates too black listed keys I mean . I liked ZA Security Suite and had a key till " Death do us part " but had a few issues on shut down , just wondering how smart Eset is on keys ? It says good for a year but ..

I did some research ( google ) and found a site that lets you get virus definitions but can't be bothered to update my server every time .

hXXp://www.nod321.com/
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-08-2007 at 03:47 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    best virus scanner there is imo

mine is uhum, registered for a grand total of 16715210 days. the good part it its just a change in the registry, and that isnt illegal to do.

and mine just updates when it wants to update, usually 3-4 times a day (at least) and on every startup as well.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ya stoi , looks like a good one don't know why I hav't tried it till now . I 'v never yet to see a virus on my setup but try different programs for fun to see a difference like start up times or memory usage . To be honest I find one I like then put on a few friends computers and can't deal with the black listing problem .

Its not a problem for me but a hassle for my buddies . I useualy just give them the Symantic Corp. or ZA 51000 days key but know its not fair , hence my post .

As I posted I found a good Chinese Server but my buds would never have the knowledge or patience to keep updated .
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-08-2007 at 06:11 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I've been using a small app called "NodLogin" to update the login info if or when it gets backlisted. It runs each time you boot up the comp, but as of lately it isn't working anymore(?). Seems like the latest version of it that came out the other day (8.1b) doesn't wanna work, so i've been just using logins from nod321. Btw peat check out eset smart security

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I may need to install mines then. I am still using Mcafee.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    yeah, since kis blacklisted on me i've moved on to the new and MUCH improved comodo fw. i hate zone alarm. fuck that prog imo. as for an av i just went back to avg. i saw this new business ed of nod, but didn't think twice about installing it. tired of keys. in the past i've NEVER had a problem with avg so i decided to go back to it. both progs i'm using are free and keyless. meh, they work for me. i miss kis6 and 7 was good, but it also used much resources while scanning. not much of an issue until i play online games. lol, i can tell when it was real time scanning sometimes. many can say what they will of avg, but many should also check the new comodo. updated for ur vista needs if need be.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    I've been using a small app called "NodLogin" to update the login info if or when it gets backlisted. It runs each time you boot up the comp, but as of lately it isn't working anymore(?). Seems like the latest version of it that came out the other day (8.1b) doesn't wanna work, so i've been just using logins from nod321. Btw peat check out eset smart security

Ya will do , thanx Linkin as I prefer an AIO program .

@mr Nails . Comodo has a good Firewall I'v tried it but not the Anti virus . I have C.A. Internet Security d/l'd but have n't tried yet . I find the AIO 's are easier to set up with Utorrent for my friends .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I haven't booted into XP in over a month. lol.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I haven't booted into XP in over a month. lol.
    One toke over the line ... sweet Jesus . Sorry Zap there is a song in there somewhere ?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    No prob Peat. I know you love me.

It's just theres none of that sheeeeet with the Penguin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast