Thread: What Is The Best Filesharing App To D/l Games?

BritishICE's Avatar Poster
    What are the best filesharing applications to download computer games?

2. Games   -   #2
    depends, smaller games around 100-400 mb, kazaa will do...for bigger files, go emule or edonkey, they will download for days on them but its better than downloading the same game on kazaa 20 times to get a working copy...

3. Games   -   #3
    Bittorrent - faster than Emule and also 100% reliable. Download through the Edonkey/EMule network can be almost soul destroying

4. Games   -   #4
    Direct connect. the best for iso's and bins.

5. Games   -   #5
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    I agree direct connect is very good for games. Almost all games I got are from direct connect. I also use shareaza and bittorrent. Kazaa seems good if you want rips especially of older popular games.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    I have been using BT lately and have gotten tons of real good games. I would be interested in Direct connect,but where can I find it?
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

7. Games   -   #7
    Newsgroups are the best... Currently have around 80 gigs downloaded from newsgroups...lol

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Ok,got direct connect.Set it up to use my Kazaa shared folder for download.The shared folder I am using has 5 gigs of stuff in it.When I try to enter even the rooms with a 1 gig limit it says I am not sharing the 1 gig. What the hell is going on?
    Xilo,where are these newsgroups you get this stuff from?
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

9. Games   -   #9
    Bittorent and Kazaa-lite are fast, but to get those games you really want, go to edonkey. I use the ON-edonkey hybrid. It's as slow as hell, but I'm getting what I want.

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by johnboy27@23 July 2003 - 20:11
    Ok,got direct connect.Set it up to use my Kazaa shared folder for download.The shared folder I am using has 5 gigs of stuff in it.When I try to enter even the rooms with a 1 gig limit it says I am not sharing the 1 gig. What the hell is going on?
    Xilo,where are these newsgroups you get this stuff from?
    You have to manually add folders to share note sharing you shared folder will get you kicked or banned for sharing incomplete files.

Edit: Note why spam post this, most of us read more then on section of the forum.
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=55390