Thread: I Need Html Help! (good Html Editors)

Poster
    http://www.dream-creations.net/nonpop.html

Perfect example of what I mean. I'm using that overall idea. Where the iFrame is, where the links are. I want to know how to link those parts of the picture (where it says Home, etc) to my iframe on the left. How?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    This will go in Software Section, why in lounge?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I had no idea where to post it, still a bit of a newbie.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Coming back to your question. That is fairly simple. Make a link of "Home" to "yourpage.html" and in Target Window chose your iFrame specified.

Edit: Not to mention, you have to create an iframe first and then specify that in the target window of the link on the right for Home etc.

Hope this helps&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Just incase, to make your iframe in the first (index in this case) page

You can use this code
    Code:
    &#60;IFRAME SRC=&#34;http&#58;//www.yourwebaddress.com&#34; NAME=&#34;Name of iframe&#34; HEIGHT=&#34;350&#34; WIDTH=&#34;450&#34;&#62; 
    Sorry, your browser doesn&#39;t support iframes. 
    &#60;/IFRAME&#62;
    As clear from the code height and width of iframe and the error message if its an old browser that doesnt support iframe.

Now in the iframe source give your default page. Next for links home, etc. do what i told u before. Make a link and in target_window specify iframe name.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I&#39;m not really getting what you are saying, but, here is the page:

The Site

Can ya like alter it a bit? Or can you tell me how to do the things i need? I don&#39;t understand you that well, I&#39;m not that great with HTML. There&#39;s this space inbetween the links JPEG, and the one to the left of it. I use Frontpage, and it did that, and it won&#39;t delete the space. I really don&#39;t get this whole iFrame and link thing. It&#39;s real confusing.

I also need the iFrame to be transparent.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Anybody?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Nobody knows HTML? I.am, where&#39;d ya go?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Here I come back again before I fell down and go to ZZZzzzzzz
    This time I will try to explain in as english I can rather than in coding.

I checked your page and yes it has a space. I would presume in image slices like these you might use tables to align it or use Adobe image slicing to set it right.

But nevermind, this can work too. Bring your picture that is on the last row to the second row. There is still an extra space between first pic and last pic so delete that between it. Select first pic (be careful not to select iframe coz it selects it by default) and then press right arrow key and delete. This should take care of the spacing,

Before coming to links. Rename your iframe to something else other than main. Say name it "mainiframe" if you like.

Next, about the links. Since you are using a picture so you cannot make links just like that. You need to make "Hotspots" on the image. If you use frontpage its easy.
    First go to View > Toolbars > Pictures.
    On the pictures toolbar on the extreme right you will see three figures viz. rectangle, oval and polygon. Select rectangle or oval and then drag that rect or oval around home.
    Insert Hyperlink window will open. Now enter the hyperlink you want when you someone clicks home. Now On the right you will see "Bookmark" , "Target Frame" & "Parameters". Now press "Target Frame". When you open it under Common Targets you will see the name of all frames. In the list you will find "mainiframe" or whatever you named ur iframe. Select that and click ok. Save it. And test the first link. Do the same thing with all other links.

Hope this helps. If you still have problems I can do it for ya But first try doing it, its fairly simple.
    Nite nite