Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mayweather vs hatton

fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    I was hoping he'd KO him quicker. But anyone who seriously thought Hatton had a chance hasn't been paying attention to boxing for the past five or six years.
    Anyone who's been paying attention to boxing for the past couple of years would actually route for Hatton, since he's in the prime of his career (coming off from beating Tszyu and Castillo), while Mayweather's previous 3 fights have been disappointing.

I guess a lot of us were just over-hyped by the fight, that we forgot Mayweather's advantages over Hatton, such as he was fighting in his natural Welterweight class (Hatton's naturally Light Welterweight) and he had a 6 in. reach advantage on Hatton.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Hatton's a great fighter; I can understand rooting for him. Hell, I was sort of rooting for him (until they booed the national anthem). But Mayweather is both a boxing prodigy -and- a legacy. While Hatton is a world class fighter, Mayweather is a master among professionals.

"Be easy, my ninja."

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I watched the fight, and it was pretty damn entertaining.
    I don't think, however, that Mayweather should retire from boxing just yet.
    I can see his reasons to leave the sport as an undefeated boxing champion, but he would also be walking away from all the glory and pwnage that he is currently thriving in.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by MaaxHimself View Post
    I watched the fight, and it was pretty damn entertaining.
    I don't think, however, that Mayweather should retire from boxing just yet.
    I can see his reasons to leave the sport as an undefeated boxing champion, but he would also be walking away from all the glory and pwnage that he is currently thriving in.
    Yeah, I'd love to see him beat Cotto's ass...

...then he could retire.

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    He basically confirmed in an interview that he'd fight De la Hoya again. He retired because he's young, very rich, and bored with the sport.

"Be easy, my ninja."

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    I was hoping he'd KO him quicker. But anyone who seriously thought Hatton had a chance hasn't been paying attention to boxing for the past five or six years.
    Anyone who's been paying attention to boxing for the past couple of years would actually route for Hatton, since he's in the prime of his career (coming off from beating Tszyu and Castillo), while Mayweather's previous 3 fights have been disappointing.

I guess a lot of us were just over-hyped by the fight, that we forgot Mayweather's advantages over Hatton, such as he was fighting in his natural Welterweight class (Hatton's naturally Light Welterweight) and he had a 6 in. reach advantage on Hatton.

I didn't think the fight against Tszyu was all that since Tszyu wasn't near his prime either.

@orfik - everyone even said that MW had to step up his game to beat Hatton.

MW still beat him like he didn't have a problem doing it.

The fact that the fight didn't go distance against MW speaks volumes. I don't Hatton could beat him even in a rematch which is why I don't think there should be one.

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    Hatton's a good fighter who got too much attention. No WW boxing today can beat Floyd.

"Be easy, my ninja."

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post

maywheather won ?
    No question.

He knocked Hatton down with a hard left while Hatton charged in. Hatton got back up and Mayweather KO'ed him.

Did anyone noticed that Mayweather matadored Hatton?

Hatton charge in and missed, Mayweather clocked him and the Hatton flew into the ring post.

Olayyyyy!
    Cheeaayaa

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I watched the fight. And I didnt like Hatton's game. His gameplan was to get close and get those dirtly inclose punches. I am not a fan of those. Mayweather is in a different class. He's very accurate and quick on his feet and punches. Also Hatton lacked physical power and stamina to even contest Mayweather.

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun92 View Post
    I watched the fight. And I didnt like Hatton's game. His gameplan was to get close and get those dirtly inclose punches. I am not a fan of those. Mayweather is in a different class. He's very accurate and quick on his feet and punches. Also Hatton lacked physical power and stamina to even contest Mayweather.
    Hatton fights like that all the time though. I don't think he knows another way (he did go 43 - 0 with that style).

This is why I said that he could never beat MW and that Hatton is not worth the rematch since the fight wasn't close.

I was surprised that Hatton had no punching power later. He was just leaning MW against the ropes and not really doing much.

Normally he would let some nastyness go.

MW picked his spots and was productive. Hatton may throw 15 punches with nothing substantial then BAM, MW pop Hatton's head back.

I watched the fight again and Hatton has almost NO defense. He just bulls in with no regard for his own face.

I don't think he realized the cumulative effect of MW's punches.

I can't say it was one of the best fights I've ever seen but it surprising for me.

Everyone that I know thought I was on crack for picking Hatton.

I guess MW is the truth and best pound for pound boxer in the world.

I only say that because he is undefeated and he's fought top opponents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast