Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How old are you and why do you illegaly download?

cubkiller89's Avatar GSXR-600 BT Rep: +2
    My research paper for a class I'm taking is about illegal file sharing. So where else better to go for information than filesharingtalk.com. If you could help me, please answer this simple questions and feel free to add anymore about file sharing.

How old are you and why do you illegally download?
    And why did you start file sharing.

Did you start because of high cost of albums?
    More convenient to be able to sit at home and download?

Edit:

Another question I have to answer is..for the people who file share illegally is it any why isn't it any different than stealing from store? Is there any different from going to Target and stealing the album or staying at home and downloading it off a tracker? Is one of the reasons that you "steal" because it is easy to get away with?

As far as the argument that it is simply too expensive so are high end computers and my devices that you are being ridiculously over charged. I'm sure all of us here can agree alienware computers are way over priced and only milking the consumer. But yet we don't steal other items we either don't buy them or just pay the price. Why is music/movies/games/etc. any different. Think about that.

Again let me just state that I download not here to bust your balls for downloading just doing it for the paper.
    Last edited by cubkiller89; 12-08-2007 at 09:19 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by cubkiller89 View Post
    My research paper for a class I'm taking is about illegal file sharing. So where else better to go for information than filesharingtalk.com. If you could help me, please answer this simple questions and feel free to add anymore about file sharing.

How old are you and why do you illegally download?
    And why did you start file sharing.

Did you start because of high cost of albums?
    More convenient to be able to sit at home and download?
    my age is in my info...i started downloading because i dont like the concept of being charged 5 dollars for a soda at a movie theater. im not some cow that they can steer into the theater and milk the shit out of me...that means that they have absolutely no respect for the customer.

i also dont like limits on how many times i can copy music or rootkits being placed on my operating system or my car/home stereo eventually breaking down because of bad cd's that the record companies put out

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    lol what is next to tell u my name and where i live?

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Good luck in ur class and this is the simple answer

i am 18 years old , i dont think it's illegally download as i cant Buy all , High Cost as u said

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    since 13 i started to download pirated filez

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Cause I can , and would of done at any age .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    i'm 20 right now and who ever said anything about me downloading anything illegal?

i pay for cable tv. is it a crime to download tv shows you pay for? i think not!

edit: i download tv shows because i don't like the ads (especially the ones on the bottom while the show is playing) and I like more of the video on demand style where i can watch what i want when i want. for a while i capped. there is even a plugin that will auto remove commercials for you after recording from your own cable tv stream, but at the same time it turned into a lot of work. i became lazy and realized it was easier to download the same material that i was making at home.
    Last edited by DanielleD87; 12-08-2007 at 09:08 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    lol what is next to tell u my name and where i live?
    No, What is your IQ
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    lol spark
    im 80 and i will DOWNLOAD TILL I DIE!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I don't care it's illegal or not I just download what I like and If you can get it for free and high quality so why you have to buy it

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast