Thread: How do you rip a dvd into Xvid from DVD with dual audio and subs?

Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    I can't seem to find a program to rip a anime off of dvd to Xvid. I'm trying to rip some anime and I need english and japanese and also english subtitles. Any thoughts?
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Hey ,

I am not sure if its possible. But try asking your question here:

www.cdfreaks.com

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    there are many quick ways to do this but the best ways take a good amount of steps and time.

for everything i recommend you check out doom9 since it has most of everything.

first rip the dvd using a program like dvd decryptor and with anime it can be kind of annoying and tricky. you have to rip each ep individually by selecting all of the chaps for an individual ep getting a different .vob file per ep. this is a pain but trust me it is better then ripping all the eps to 1 vob then manually cutting it up later.

after that you need to convert the subs using ... sheesh what is the program called. *goes and checks* i think it is vobsub. i can't quite remember. anyways run it to convert the subs then also run a program like besweet or headache to convert the audio to a compressed format.

then after that download x264 vfw (for h264). if not you can always get xvid as well, either or. download virtual dub mod. run virtual dub mod. open up the .vob for the episode. click the stream menu and click streams. double click on the audio and subtitles so they have lines running through them (this disables them). add the encoded audio and subtitles. now scroll back and fourth the video a bit and check if it is automatically deinterlaced or not. (you know the lines.. kind of like motion blur? if you don't look it up using google or wikipedia). after that click the video menu and click filters. in that window you will want to first add a deinterlace filter if needed. after that add the null filter and go into the options so you can crop the video cutting out the edges. then after that add the resize filter to make it 640x480 for 3:2 (fullscreen) or other resolutions depending on if it is widescreen aka 16:9, 16:10, 2:1, 2.11:1 and so on. now your video should look decent.

after all of that go to the codec settings. I highly recommend you encode 2 pass. your video settings are up to you. make sure it is setup right, and if you don't know experiment.

then save you video. if you are doing to pass click the little check at the bottom that says do not encode now. after clicking save the screen will go away but nothing will happen. go back to the codec settings and setup 2 pass - 2nd pass now. after you set it up save again and make sure it is saved in the same place. after clicking save nothing should happen. now go to the file menu and job controls. it should show the two jobs you setup (2 pass encode). click start and it will encode the first pass then the second pass right after.

good luck. it is a lot of work

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Danielle, would that ripped version have dual audio?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    if you encode multiple audio tracks and put them in the mkv, then yep

also I almost forgot a step. after ripping the dvd and you have a .vob (or multiple .vob for eps. 1 per each ep) then run virtual dub mod, go to the streams menu, streams window, and then demux the different audio and sub title files you want to encode.

i completely forgot that most audio and subtitle encoders do not support inputting the .vob so it has to be split up into multiple files.