Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugh......warned for hit&run

zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    That looks the same as someone that hits & runs. Maybe the staff will help you out, maybe they won't!

Unfortunately everyday someone tell a staffer that his power supply died, that their hard drive crashed, internet was down for 3 days, someone one hacked my account, my cousin was over and downloaded a bunch of crap from my account, etc, etc, etc. After a while, it all becomes one big string of excuses. And it becomes very hard to Differentiate between a good reason and a bad excuse.

well maybe your right but still .... this things do happen very often

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by staphofpower View Post
    i hope this taught you that trackers with HNR suck ass. HNR is a right for all people.
    HNR doesn't benefit anyone one on private trackers since they are smaller communities and torrents would die quickly. If you want to HNR stick to public trackers or trackers with a large user base that don't have these rules in place.

Also most trackers will give you a warning for HNR'ing and if it is your first offense and that goes away, but also since staff can look at the user history and if it shows this member always seeds to what is required then more then likely the staff will give him a break at least I would if I was the mod over looking this situation.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    we have 50,000 members, and torrents are still alive from last december when we opened up again.
    and we have a very stringent hit and run rule in place, and it hasnt done us any harm at all.

its easy to get a good global ratio.

cheat, Seedbox on 1 game for 48 hours(300-400gig upload easy), on some sites donate a few quid.

once you have the good global ratio, on most trackers you can take what you want for weeks, if not months without giving anything back. now is that ok if you have used one of the above to get that global ratio in the first place.

no wonder most public sites and some private sites are slow and torrents die out fast, they havnt got a hit and run rule, with one torrents are faster and and they stop alive a lot longer as well.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Not a dying PSU. But if you explained your situstion tot he admins and it's genuine, then you shouldn't have a problem. Never know though. Keep your fingers crossed mate.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post

Also most trackers will give you a warning for HNR'ing and if it is your first offense and that goes away, but also since staff can look at the user history and if it shows this member always seeds to what is required then more then likely the staff will give him a break at least I would if I was the mod over looking this situation.
    You will find that this is what will happen, and your account might be restricted for a while.

So long as the mods are somewhat relaxed with there warnings i dont see anything wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    did stoi just advocate cheating so you don't get banned for HNR?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    did stoi just advocate cheating so you don't get banned for HNR?
    where the hell did you see that in my post.

if you have a hit and run rule and global ratio doesnt mean all that much, then whats the point of cheating.

but if you do cheat and get caught then you deserve everything you get.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    cheat, Seedbox on 1 game for 48 hours(300-400gig upload easy), on some sites donate a few quid.
    hrmm

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    well if you read my post, i was saying just because you do that, you must be realy naive if you dont think ppl cheat, and some even get away with it. BUT if you do cheat and you do get away with it, does that give you the right to rape the site of everything its got for the next 6 months.

same as with a SB, christ it costs $50 for a half decent seedbox, get one for 1 month, buffer all your accounts on all sites by 400 gig each at least (that can be done on one popular torrent in 48 hours btw) and then systimatically rape the site of all its torrents for months on end. then repeat 6 months later.

what gets me is, its not the tracker BW your raping (or it shouldnt be) its all the uploaders who do put time and money into releasing stuff and seeding it for everyone, so we protect our uploaders and its obviously working, 200 uploaders and we have 6700 torrents, ok for a music site thats not too good, but for a games only site i dont think its bad at all.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    maybe if your tracker didnt have shitty rules you wouldnt have to deal with that eh?
    Your Right, my tracker does have shitty rules. You got me. You win. Now what? You still got a H&R because thats what it looks like. By the way, just so all my sites know, Tomorrow my hard drive will crash and i wont be seeding anymore. Thanks for understanding!

All i was saying was your is just one of one hundred reasons/excuses that the staff is going to hear this week.

staff can see your history, if you where truly a good user your most likely will be excused.

Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    well maybe your right but still .... this things do happen very often
    Yup, but on a tracker that had 5000 users, i had someone telling me that at least once a day some days more. so at one a day any one of my users had a 13.6% chance that their hard drive crashed or power supply died. 13.6% chance, hmm, what are the odds

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast