Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugh......warned for hit&run

Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    I belong to the DVDClub, and I was in the process of seeding 4 torrents. Takes a long time for me cuz i can only do about 50k up. My PSU died 2 days ago, taking my PC with it. Now I can't seed the torrents back for a while. I don't have the money to buy a new PSU atm. I PM'd the admin to see what he had to say.

As a situation like this ever happened to anyone else? If so, how did you deal with it? I would hate for my account to get removed for multiple warns for hit&run :?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    just park ur account from another computer

Profile > Account Parking > make it yes

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    hm...will I still be able to seed from my seedbox like that?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Sa3RgI View Post
    just park ur account from another computer

Profile > Account Parking > make it yes
    lol he is not talking how to park his acc there

OT well u have done good thing if u send pm to staff there and
    explain your situation..im sure they will spare you until u my new hardware..

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    That looks the same as someone that hits & runs. Maybe the staff will help you out, maybe they won't!

Unfortunately everyday someone tell a staffer that his power supply died, that their hard drive crashed, internet was down for 3 days, someone one hacked my account, my cousin was over and downloaded a bunch of crap from my account, etc, etc, etc. After a while, it all becomes one big string of excuses. And it becomes very hard to Differentiate between a good reason and a bad excuse.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yes its hard to differentiate the genuine reasons from excuses. atm i feel the best solution would be to borrow one. if you know someone whos good at electronics, he may be able to fix your PSU. i have fixed my PSU using parts from an old one and it was a jiffy

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Take the PSU out of the computer you are using and use it on the pc that has the torrents on it or if its on an external drive then I suggest you just plug it in to this pc and re-download the torrent file and point it to the downloaded file and it should check and see that you already have downloaded it and it should start seeding.

But the key thing is to get on irc and talk to one of the staff and see what they can suggest or to at least let them know of your situation.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    lmao And people wonder why I dont use trackers with hit and run rules. Your PSU dies, and the first thing you start worrying about are your accounts.
    You get working on either dismantling your working computer for parts, or buying an external enclosure, or waiting around for staff on IRC, and I'll

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    i hope this taught you that trackers with HNR suck ass. HNR is a right for all people.

Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    That looks the same as someone that hits & runs. Maybe the staff will help you out, maybe they won't!

Unfortunately everyday someone tell a staffer that his power supply died, that their hard drive crashed, internet was down for 3 days, someone one hacked my account, my cousin was over and downloaded a bunch of crap from my account, etc, etc, etc. After a while, it all becomes one big string of excuses. And it becomes very hard to Differentiate between a good reason and a bad excuse.
    maybe if your tracker didnt have shitty rules you wouldnt have to deal with that eh?
    Last edited by staphofpower; 12-10-2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    maybe if ppl played by the rules and not just took the piss, then we wouldnt have so many lame excuses, so when someone does have a proper excuse we would be more inclined to believe them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast