Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Need SeedBox Info

Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    wow, good price they have, please let us know about their speed
    They are a reseller of burst.net like ihostvps, so you probably know more about the speed than me . The big concern is how tolerant they are of bittorrent usage, which I hope won't be an issue with metered bandwidth. The data center is in Pennsylvania, USA so it's good for me with ftp transfers, but I guess seeding won't be as good as a seedbox from Europe.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    zxion's Avatar Taste Good BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    I've ordered a server from Zaxihosting, will see how it goes. It is cheap at $36 for a dedicated server with 2TB of bandwidth.
    Tell us how it goes and how long it takes to setup
    I might be interested in them too

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Hi guys,

PLEASE tell me info practical about zaxihosting, leaseweb, hosting-ie AND torrents ! Traffic, speeds , cost, ram etc etc !!!

Thanks
    Nikos

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    http://www.tzulo.com/ have 2 great for me
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Are there any huge differences between VPS and deicated? I'm only after a medium usage seedbox nothing too heavy. I'm looking at Hosting-ie's VPS deals. Cheers

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Removed no seller ads here
    Last edited by KFlint; 02-11-2008 at 08:54 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by will17 View Post
    Are there any huge differences between VPS and deicated? I'm only after a medium usage seedbox nothing too heavy. I'm looking at Hosting-ie's VPS deals. Cheers
    Actually there are quite big differeces between VPS and dedicated, besides the virtual machines shares resources with others, the line itself is shared between the VM and also with other physical servers.
    I rent one of hosting-ie VPS atm, the download speed is very good, almost 12MB/s all the time, but the average up speed is between 500KB/s - 1.5MB/s, the maximum up speed I could get up to 6MB/s

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Actually there are quite big differeces between VPS and dedicated, besides the virtual machines shares resources with others, the line itself is shared between the VM and also with other physical servers.
    I rent one of hosting-ie VPS atm, the download speed is very good, almost 12MB/s all the time, but the average up speed is between 500KB/s - 1.5MB/s, the maximum up speed I could get up to 6MB/s
    Hmmm. What type of speeds do you get going from the server to your computer?

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

Smile

Solid info. Thanks a lot. I was trying to figure out how much of a difference the two are.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Dedic box has own 100mbit port with 100mbit connection which is shared just in the network

VDs boxes are sharing that connection of master server ,
    On some boxed 3 VDS per master on others 5 VDS

SO dedic box from hosting-ie must have more or less about 2 - 2,5 times better connection at lit than VDS Server. couse Master servers of hosting-ie has 2x100mbit not just 100mbit

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast