Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Need SeedBox Info

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    This might seem like a silly question, but is it okay to use your own information when getting a seedbox? That is, will there be any ramifications if I get kicked for torrenting by the server provider?
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fsephie View Post
    This might seem like a silly question, but is it okay to use your own information when getting a seedbox? That is, will there be any ramifications if I get kicked for torrenting by the server provider?
    It should be ok to use your real identity. A good amount of seedbox hosting is found in countries where copyright laws are lax. You could always use fake info and pay with paypal though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I'm planning to buy from this site (a reseller of OVH):

http://seedhost.eu/

Any one tried it? is this reseller trusted?
    and whats the difference between Seedboxes and Dedicated servers?

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    kid16k's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaRin0 View Post
    I'm planning to buy from this site (a reseller of OVH):

http://seedhost.eu/
    Yeah, iam interested, too... Very interested

Oh maaan, they answer the question on their site (FAQ):

Question: What's the difference between a dedicated server and a seedbox for one person?
    Answer: Having a dedicated server you are the administrator of it, so you can install whatever you wish but you have to do it on your own. A seedbox is a server ready to use with FTP, uTorrent webui and VNC installed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Seedhost is trusted. I am with them at the moment. They are expensive, but worth it. Download speeds are at least 11mb/s (may have problems with disk overloading but easily fixed) and upload from 1mb/s up to 10mb/s easily. Depends on if another person has an ovh box, then you are getting at least 5mb/s, maybe up to 10mb/s. You also get a lot of hdd space when compared to other providers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    I checked you posts xGeNeSisx , you write alot positive things about seedhost.eu, but i can't find anymore information about them in the web (expect a few sites in other languages).

In one post you said, they offer IRC-Support, but i can't find any irc-channel on their site?! pls send link

Why seedhost is located in GERMANY?

AND: Why they don't have any license or whatever-agreements (internet-law etc, even pirate-sites have it)? Perhaps because they don't offer anything, just scamm???

PLS DON'T MISUNDERSTAND, I JUST WANT ANSWERS, BECAUSE IAM REALLY INTERESTED, REALLY! PERHAPS I WILL ORDER THE NEXT TIME IF YOU CONVINE ME
    (SRY FOR CAPSLOCK)

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by kid16k View Post
    Question: What's the difference between a dedicated server and a seedbox for one person?
    Answer: Having a dedicated server you are the administrator of it, so you can install whatever you wish but you have to do it on your own. A seedbox is a server ready to use with FTP, uTorrent webui and VNC installed.
    If you read that (http://seedhost.eu/seedbox), you see that "normally" you get a root access to the seedbox. The FAQ is saying the contrary.
    So, where's the truth?

By the way, if I was paying €45 a month for a Kimsufi, I would like to get the full access to the server. Even if you're a newbie, it's not that hard to follow the guides posted on this board.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by kross View Post
    By the way, if I was paying €45 a month for a Kimsufi, I would like to get the full access to the server. Even if you're a newbie, it's not that hard to follow the guides posted on this board.
    indeed, u should get a dedicated server with UBuntu is the best
    so anyone tried that reseller?

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by kid16k View Post
    Yeah, iam interested, too... Very interested

Oh maaan, they answer the question on their site (FAQ):

so that is mean this company better than ovh and Keyweb
    Last edited by waeldiab; 06-17-2008 at 11:03 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    This company uses OVH's Servers, so... The "seedboxes" from seedhost are ovh-serversm BUT the guy from seedhost reconfigures them, so seedhost.eu means:
    - you need more money, but less knowledge

ovh means:
    - you need less money, but more knowledge AND you're on the safe side, because they're trusted 100% from many users as on of the best provider... but we don't have much info about SEEDHOST.EU

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast