Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programming ....

TRshady
    ok, people ... after spending years just mucking about with pcs, building them, having a go at making a web site, trying out different software and mastering certain games I have chosen my next step in becoming a PC master.

This be programming!, I want to start making software, probably not associated with k-lite though you never know but I plan on starting off by making little programs such as cleaning cookies, clean up etc. So I have some questions.

Where do I start?
    How hard is it really?
    Is it possible to protect software from being copied and claimed by someone else?

More q's to come.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Where do I start?
    get a copy of Visual basic probulary the most easiest lang to pick up

How hard is it really?
    some bits are hard and some bits are easy(ya tend to foget the easy bits) most of it is just repeating the code depending on ehat you are doing

Is it possible to protect software from being copied and claimed by someone else
    it maybe be possable but some one sooner or later will decomplie it anyhow

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TRshady
    ok, thank you, that has helped. I'll go get VB now. Cheers.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    get a copy of Visual basic probulary the most easiest lang to pick up
    your sick

here

there is a good tutorial and a interperator on that site so your set

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by TRshady@23 July 2003 - 14:33
    ok, thank you, that has helped. I'll go get VB now. Cheers. 
    Vb is not going to help you if your completely clueless to programming. You have to have a little knowlege regarding at least c or c++ (although not required) to really be a proficient programmer. Here's a useful link that may help you.

And btw vampiro its disassemble not decompile. You can build and compile, but you cant decompile. Disassemble comes from the original hard-core not used anymore language called assembly language, where programmers had to code in machine language with only about a 64k memory enviorment to do it in. Had to really suck

http://www.free-ed.net/catalog/itcat01.asp...20and%20Scripts

NOTE: Although Visual Basic is a comprehensive programming tool, VB retains its BASIC language heritage. Designers in the late 1950s developed the BASIC programming language for beginning programmers. BASIC was easier to use than other programming languages of the time, such as COBOL and FORTRAN. Microsoft never forgot VB's roots when developing Visual Basic. Newcomers to programming can learn to create simple but working Windows programs in just a short time.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    TRshady
    wow, after having a quick look for visual basic I realised it was not free and looks bloody confusing. I though there was only one programming language.

I'll go through the begginners guide, will this allow me to create programs?

What does Paul\Random nut use?
    Is this the same as companies like Norton?

Thanks.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I started learning the universal things of programming by writing in Pascal - It was a DOS-based programming language, but it was easy to get into (with the right books telling you how to declare, etc).

Not sure whether a copy of Turbo Pascal (the program which wrote Pascal) is still around, but the closest commercial thing you can try nowadays is Borland Delphi - Delphi is kinda like the next step from Pascal; Object-Orientated Pascal for Windows, if you want to call it that.

If I was able to get a CIT (Cambridge Information Technology) certificate in Computer Programming at 13 years old, then you can sure as hell learn it easily

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    not used anymore language called assembly language
    shocked to hear you say that shn. it was used to make the k++ loader wasn't it.

it is still the best language to learn to make fast, compact application's but is bloody hard to say the least.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by 4play@23 July 2003 - 14:51
    not used anymore language called assembly language
    shocked to hear you say that shn. it was used to make the k++ loader wasn't it.

it is still the best language to learn to make fast, compact application's but is bloody hard to say the least.
    Your half way right. The reason I say halfway is because you and I both know that no one is going to sit down and write a "complex" program in raw machine language.

Even projects where there are a mass number of programmers working on it would never code in machine language. It would simply be a waste of time and unecessary work.

A simple loader or a program thats only going to fit into a couple hundred k of memory wouldnt be bad at all. But when it comes to writing complex programs with thousands of lines of code its simply not going to happen.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    program in raw machine language.
    assembly is a step up from the raw code a machine uses but your damn right no body in their right mind would do a complex app using asm.

still it is still a much used language for small parts of projects. the way compilers keep improving as well means that c++ and the such run very quickly anyway so performance is not really too much of an issue any more.

lets get this back on track peeps if you are interested in pascal shady pm me and i will send you the borlands pascal compiler.

this might help as well here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast