Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what trackers actually benefit from a 1gbit vs 100mbit box

BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    okay, heres one of my serious questions. Which trackers would a gbit upload significantly faster than a 100mbit? I can say the one's that DON'T. FTN and SCC, and music trackers like waffles probably have no effect from the few leechers. I would guess Blackcats and TL wood though, if you hop on early. Would SCT have any benefits?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    It seems like a 1gbit would be a huge benefit on ScT. Most of the files are downloaded a few dozen times, but the leechers are gone within 20-30 minutes. If you could beat most of the leechers by a few minutes, you'd be in a great position to seed.

As far as TL, Blackcats, etc., I'm sure 1gbit would be a benefit, but you have to ask yourself if it's worth it. I have a 100mbit seedbox, and I"m able to get a ratio of about 15:1 as long as I hop on early. I don't see the need to seed more than that. But it's up to you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    any 0day site gigabit helps with the pre times.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Unless you are a uploader you are not going to see much difference in any of the smaller trackers. It will course get a bit more uploaded but i doubt its going way up for the price difference vs a 100mbit box. But on trackers a like TL, reveTT and some trackers that dont use invites like FL and TB you are probably going to seed like a madman.
    But then again, But then again, how much is the price for the gigabit and how much BW do you get. VS lets say you buy 3x100 mbit boxes with 2TB transfer..

So my thoughts on Gigabit is that its only a e-penis enlarger unless you are a uploader.
    My e-penis is so big it makes John Holmes look like a little boy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Unless you are a uploader you are not going to see much difference in any of the smaller trackers. It will course get a bit more uploaded but i doubt its going way up for the price difference vs a 100mbit box. But on trackers a like TL, reveTT and some trackers that dont use invites like FL and TB you are probably going to seed like a madman.
    But then again, But then again, how much is the price for the gigabit and how much BW do you get. VS lets say you buy 3x100 mbit boxes with 2TB transfer..

So my thoughts on Gigabit is that its only a e-penis enlarger unless you are a uploader.
    well zaa has been looking for an e-penis enlargement ever since i beat him in chess

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Its negative atm.
    eee

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I never owned a seedbox but 100mbit i could see to be well enough giga bit is 10x that so unless you are a hardcore uploader to many different sites i really can't see a gigabit connection being beneficial to you a group of uploaders or friends all chip in for a giga box and share the cost financially and what ever else there is to be shared for one person alone i personaly can't see the point just to build a buffer i presume that's what you want to do save your money and take out the ladies if enough left over purchase a 100mbit line.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    you's be surprised how many gigabit boxes there are out there on bt sites. it is unfortunate unless memcached that seeding at over 40MB/s is possible but rare because of hdd speeds.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    during freeleech gbit would kick ass on sct
    right now it wouldnt, as i struggle to max out on 100mbit, its so well seeded

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    On TS-Tracker (German), on SweDVDr. U can feel the difference. The buzz....
    A malis vituperari laus est.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast