Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to avoid disk overloaded in seedbox

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by STEViEAR View Post
    Yeah same here. HDD cant keep up with the download speed thats why the disk overload. Only way to really stop is to upgrade your HDD to a faster one. Which is what i will be doing end of this month
    i doubt that will make a big impact. splitting your storage into multiple drives (so there are more heads to read and write) will probably have more effect.

either way, i have eliminated disk overload by disabling both write and read caches in the advanced options. in theory this should impact your speeds but i have not seen any effect. nice thing is u don't have to deal with the 2kb/s that you get when the disk goes into overload.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    STEViEAR, are you using VPS also or a dedicated one ?
    Im using dedicated
    And koolyt, i tried that also. I never see diskoverload but when got over 8MB/s computer was freezing up on me all the time

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I'm using utorrent with win 2003 in hosting-ie Raptor VPS, and often I see disk overloaded in utorrent. How can I avoid this. I found on google that I have to change the option diskio.write_queue_size, but I cannot find that parameter in utorrent advance option. Then how can I avoid disk overloaded in utorrent. I know this is because I'm using Win 2003, it eats the resource a lot. But I'm new in using seedbox, must learn a little bit longer b4 decide to use Linux

thanks
    the reason why you get diskoverloaded is because you are writing to the disk faster than it can handle and have used up your memory. For example my hdd on my seedboxx would freak out utorrent if i passed 45 mb/s. So remedy ? limit to 15 mb/s which is more than enuff.

TBH i hate utorrent on a really fast line, it blows. Constantly having to tweak me download speed to keep it running and it still crashes when da memory is used.

According to the top UT staff, the following setting should help :

I guess key part here is cache size which is according to your system.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    thanks, I'll try it

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    what i do is limit the band width on the hot torrent till it gets going a bit then togle it back up till i dont see the the error also delete any old torrents that are on the box thats taking up space
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster
    If changing the cache size doesn't work, cap your download rate.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    iPLAY BT Rep: +4
    i limited my download speed to max 4.5-5mb/s and i don t get anymore disk overload 100%

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by agentul007 View Post
    i limited my download speed to max 4.5-5mb/s and i don t get anymore disk overload 100%
    i do the same and it works download at 5mb/s and upload at 11mb/s

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    SaRkAsM, I just followed your setting, it works, but I forgot to cap the download at around 5MB/s, so when it reaches 8MB, the uTorrent suddenly closed itself. I started it again, but after I logout from RDC, I cannot connect anymore to my server

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    SaRkAsM, I just followed your setting, it works, but I forgot to cap the download at around 5MB/s, so when it reaches 8MB, the uTorrent suddenly closed itself. I started it again, but after I logout from RDC, I cannot connect anymore to my server
    have you tried rebooting server ? changing setting to uT won't mess with you being able to login server

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast