Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: How to avoid disk overloaded in seedbox

fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yes, I plan to move to linux with rtorrent, the reason why I use windows right now because I never have experience with seedbox, so when I first rent my vps I just thought to use Windows, but now I'm ready to move to linux

actually I don't really like Windows, but I don't think it sucks each operating system has their market and their uniques, so we cannot blame some certain OS

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by fstokebanget View Post
    I plan to move to linux
    Good idea, it's lighter on system resources and is free.

On the other hand it's hard when you are not experienced

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster
    Debian & rTorrent = Heaven

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    how's Debian compared to CentOS or Ubuntu ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Been reading through these and have gotten rid of my disk overload problem. My problem is that I cannot get any upload speed while I am downloading. I am using a Vectoral server. Can anyone help me out here? I am downloading with plenty of peers and getting 1.1MB/s down and 1.0KB/s up. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thank you in advance.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    • Write out untouched blocks every 2 minutes will control whether µTorrent flushes the chunks from incomplete pieces to disk if the piece has been inactive for 2 minutes. Turn this off if using very large cache values or experiencing disk overload during your download (NOT if you just added the torrent, that is normal!).
    • Write out finished pieces immediately will control whether µTorrent writes finished pieces immediately. If turned off, it will write them after a maximum of 15 seconds. Turn this off if using very large cache values or experiencing disk overload during your download (NOT if you just added the torrent, that is normal!).

Seems if you got 1GB ram, set your cache to 512-768MB ram and turn those off.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    thanks for all the info guys, and for fstokebanget i suggest you really move to linux+rtorrent a lot better.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    thanks for all the info guys, and for fstokebanget i suggest you really move to linux+rtorrent a lot better.
    thanks for the advice pal, I moved to rtorrent now and now I'm really happy with the speed

but only 1 problem left in rTorrent, why I cannot see the number of leechers or the seeders in the swarm of a torrent ? It always displays as 0, could you help me ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STEViEAR View Post
    Yeah same here. HDD cant keep up with the download speed thats why the disk overload. Only way to really stop is to upgrade your HDD to a faster one. Which is what i will be doing end of this month
    i doubt that will make a big impact. splitting your storage into multiple drives (so there are more heads to read and write) will probably have more effect.

either way, i have eliminated disk overload by disabling both write and read caches in the advanced options. in theory this should impact your speeds but i have not seen any effect. nice thing is u don't have to deal with the 2kb/s that you get when the disk goes into overload.
    This helped me alot.. I run multiple utorrents on my box , and each time, after a few hours, although speeds are limited to around 800kb/s each, i still get the disk overload issue. After reading what koolyt said, i decided to partition my disk and now, no more disk overload issue. Thank you so much mate

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    windows and utorrent
    Increase your buffer size depends how much you can go by the size of ram
    Limit the download speed

That's a about it,unless you make some changes to the registry.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345