Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to avoid disk overloaded in seedbox

fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I'm using utorrent with win 2003 in hosting-ie Raptor VPS, and often I see disk overloaded in utorrent. How can I avoid this. I found on google that I have to change the option diskio.write_queue_size, but I cannot find that parameter in utorrent advance option. Then how can I avoid disk overloaded in utorrent. I know this is because I'm using Win 2003, it eats the resource a lot. But I'm new in using seedbox, must learn a little bit longer b4 decide to use Linux

thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    The disk overloaded thing usually settles down after a few minutes of adding a new torrent.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    so it's normal ?
    because I never use utorrent and windows b4
    b4 using seedbox I'm using azureus on mac

wonder why the connection speed is so unstable, is it because I'm using VPS and not a dedibox on hosting-ie ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I have the same problem when downloading @ high speeds :/
    zOMG I´m on Abraxas´ ignore list. My life is over!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Try these settings this what i use

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    thanks STEViEAR, I'll try your settings, but my VPS only has 512MB, could I still set to override automatic cache size manually to 512MB ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Yeah you're never going to get the same consistancy with a VPS as you are with a dedicated machine to be honest, I've never used a VPS and probably never will.

I've always used linux on seedboxes also, usually CentOS with GNOME vncserver installed, never had problems.

If I'm not leeching anything then I can easily seed at 11MB/s, though leeching while seeding can put pressure on the hard drive.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post

If I'm not leeching anything then I can easily seed at 11MB/s, though leeching while seeding can put pressure on the hard drive.
    Yeah same here. HDD cant keep up with the download speed thats why the disk overload. Only way to really stop is to upgrade your HDD to a faster one. Which is what i will be doing end of this month

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by STEViEAR View Post
    Only way to really stop is to upgrade your HDD to a faster one
    You can always cap your download speed too

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    STEViEAR, are you using VPS also or a dedicated one ?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast