Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Customizing Your Desktop

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by liquidacid@26 July 2003 - 12:45
    I've just installed Object Dock and must say i really like it.

One thing though, it's a shame its not possible to have more than just the single row of shortcuts. Ideally i could have a drop down transparent menu that filled the screen with my shortcuts.
    First on the list

It's a mod for it which allows drop-down menus - The other menu items are skins for Kk Menu.

It requires semi-advanced knowledge and takes a bit of getting used to, but if you read & understand the HTML file included in the zip, you should be able to get used to it quickly

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Poster
    Cheers for that mate, i looked at it but it's not really what i'm looking for.

What i mean is that all the short cuts that are currently on my desktop would only drop down when i need them, in rows and columns though. I'd still keep the start menu though for everything else.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Poster
    Na still no bloody luck it says i have the wrong build of XP for it and to get an update but i cant get onto the site!

Help me its startin to shit me!

Dave

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Poster
    I always liked the skin pack that came with StyleXP. MacOSX is a good XP theme. Betta than anything else IMO. Since everything that is downloadable on themexp.org are mainly made by ppl using homemade software, I prefer downloading official releases.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Poster
    Na still no bloody luck it says i have the wrong build of XP for it and to get an update but i cant get onto the site!

Help me its startin to shit me!

Dave
    Oh dear, you are having a tough time!! I think that this may be something to do with service pack 1. Have you got it?
    Originally posted by RedRival@ 26 July 2003 - 13:32
    I always liked the skin pack that came with StyleXP. MacOSX is a good XP theme. Betta than anything else IMO. Since everything that is downloadable on themexp.org are mainly made by ppl using homemade software, I prefer downloading official releases.
    Hmm. I'm not sure i know what you mean by 'home made softeware' or 'offical releases'. I agree though that a lot of the styles at themexop are flawed in some way, i personally don't want anything too fancy so i've got b0seclass. I did like 'toothpaste' though and 'stylexp' was quite nice, wouldn't mind getting my hands on those again but don't want the StyleXp app on my system.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by RedRival@26 July 2003 - 13:32
    I always liked the skin pack that came with StyleXP. MacOSX is a good XP theme. Betta than anything else IMO.
    I will admit that I'm a bit partial to the Aqua-type styles myself - I had one of the Crystal themes for about a month and have just switches to AquaOSX less than a week ago

Since everything that is downloadable on themexp.org are mainly made by ppl using homemade software, I prefer downloading official releases.

Most styles on ThemeXP are made by StyleBuilder, the style-authoring tool developed by the same makers as StyleXP (TGTsoft).

What the hell you're on about when you talk about "official releases" and "homemade software", I do not know.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Poster
    Yeah i have SP1

Dave

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345