• No

29 19.33%
  • Trading is gay

72 48.00%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Isnt this hypocrisy?

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    When doing give aways, hard core traders are just trying to pass off the illusion that they really are genuinely good people, that care about the wellbeing of the community, be it here or at the trackers they have absolutely no respect for. They think it somehow makes them less undesirable and who knows.. maybe a bit less
    My point exactly.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Same old faces that post in every anti-trader thread making the same old assumptions whilst there friends suck up to them.

All I've read in this thread is trading is apparently gay, homophobia on the other hand appears to be totally acceptable.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    MSF's Avatar M BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sa3RgI View Post
    Dont love Trading at all , it's also very
    u love it in your trade account.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p1r4t3 View Post
    Traders trade accounts,and invites, and yet when they give away an invite or account, they want people not to trade their invites/accounts...

Isn't it hypocrisy?
    Of course not, you wouldn't like to see your tree banned for what happens underneath you would you?, oh, wait a minute, they are not in your tree, they are in some random users tree with some name no-one has ever heard of and the inviter of that invited account has no idea what is going on underneath him! Poor soul.

"Hi everyone, it's John here"

"But your nick says ladyboy!!??"

"Oh yes, yes it does, I forgot, I suffer from a multiple personality disorder and have an identity crisis on trackers, so don't worry"
    hmm i use different nicks on torrent sites, is there something wrong with it?

ofc it is hypocrisy..
    to the ones that say it isnt: who says he doesnt trade the given acc or invite with another 'trusted' trader?

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    1st please remember to keep this thread respectful or it will be closed, this is a healthy debate and lets all keep it that way without getting personal. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p1r4t3 View Post
    Detale, u dont know the meaning of trust, go look it up..

or wait.. u havent met many trustworthy individuals yet. :/ yea.. that must be it. if u r looking for trust among traders, its a sad thing
    Dude I am fully aware of the meaning of trust. It would seem that you aren't realizing that there are many many levels of trust. How would you know of my experiences when I traded long long ago?? I have had both happen No0b traders who have turned out to become good non trading members and long time trusted friends who have screwed me over. I have found, as I'm sure many others before me have, you can't really trust anyone 100% we trust each other on different levels for different reasons. for instance many of us will give an invite to say TD or ST without blinking an eye because it is considered by many a "low level" tracker and there will be no real repercussions if they turn out to be a scumbag, but somehow on the trackers considered "higher levels/better" you need to trust someone much more to give that invite freely because if they f*ck up it's your ass. Get it?
    For you to assume you know anybody else's reasons for anything is foolish. Also why do you seem so hostile?

Quote Originally Posted by josegavara View Post
    1. account trading is wrong, you don't own the account in the first place
    2. invite trading is wrong as you are only interested in what you are getting not who you are sending to the site.
    3. account giveaway wrong (same as 1 )
    4. invite giveaway is ok if you act within the tracker/forum rules and do some checks on who you give the invites to.

and I voted yes
    Now you know I love you Jose but I firmly disagree with you here on one thing.

2. invite trading is wrong as you are only interested in what you are getting not who you are sending to the site.

Sure some are only interested in this, but many others do happen to care whom they invite thats why they will do a check on that person and ask for requirements such as post count or other things, to try as best they can to make sure the member will be a good productive member and not screw them over the first chance they get.

As for the other two points I agree whole heartedly, basically I feel we all should follow the trackers rules.

Quote Originally Posted by sokrates View Post
    .....ofc it is hypocrisy..
    to the ones that say it isnt: who says he doesnt trade the given acc or invite with another 'trusted' trader?
    Well if we are talking invite trading the primary trader traded an invite, you cannot re-trade an invite as it is now an acct.

He traded with someone and made a decision hopefully based on some knowledge of that member, he knows nothing of this secondary member who may be a trusted member BUT may very well not be either. The Original guy never has they choice to decide on who this acct now goes to.

For those who simply put "Trading is gay" with no answer in here. To me this seems like a cop out. It has become trendy to say I don't trade or I'm retiring or other Bull5hit like this, I Myself haven't traded in ages and I don't believe in it anymore but why do some feel the need to announce it so? It is the way you should be you don't deserve a thing for it no need to have a trendy sig saying I retired as of X/XX . Speaking of Sigs

@Sokrates sig
    Melvinmeow was banned for the following reason: Douchebaggery
    FREE MelvinMeow!!
    Dude you don't think this propaganda?? There is no fact in this statement only claiming "Douchebaggery" whatever that means, I myself have no problem with Mel, we spoke recently, what exactly would you like to free him from?? perhaps you need to read my sig.
    Last edited by Detale; 12-13-2007 at 05:51 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    As I just got home I have been thinking on this for a good part of the day. I have another point to ask you p1r4t3 what if you freely give someone an invite? Is it then OK for them to freely give the acct away? That is the same rationale that I see you using to suggest that traders are being hypocritical

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    got milk BT Rep: +2
    for some reason i think that trading is

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    As I just got home I have been thinking on this for a good part of the day. I have another point to ask you p1r4t3 what if you freely give someone an invite? Is it then OK for them to freely give the acct away? That is the same rationale that I see you using to suggest that traders are being hypocritical
    hey bro you sure love your debates ...but to answer your question I think that no it's not ok that account you created was meant for you and if you don't want it it's best to let it die so a new user can walk in the front door.

But on the topic of the poll. It's not hypocritical if the trader giving away the invite would never trade something they got for free. If they would but expect others to do as they say and not as they do then that is in my book the definition of a hypocrite.

p.s. trading is lame but it has nothing to do with sexuality all I can say for a fact is that detale is totally

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    meo's Avatar RANDOM.ADS BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You know what hypocrisy is:

- ppl saying that trading sucks in order to get invite

- ppl being your friend so they can get invite

- ppl begging for invites

- ppl saying that trading put trackers at risk

Nuff say
    Last edited by meo; 12-13-2007 at 10:50 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    ^^^^^ another highly literate outburst...... nuff say

@ detale , the comment melvinmeow was banned for douchebaggery was originally posted by speedfreak after melvin was banned here, it was just speed punking mm,
    oddly enough it has since become some kind of rallying cry,
    personally I think its better if melvin stays in the secure
    psych ward, I for one wouldn't feel safe if he was free!

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast