• Yes

49 32.67%
  • No

29 19.33%
  • Trading is gay

72 48.00%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Isnt this hypocrisy?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    as i always say...i don't like compulsive trading as well as chronic dupers (having like 4 sct...) and i don't personnaly believe in trading

i believe that those who claims to be anti-traders (NOT non-trader) who say loud and clear that trading is gay are probably mainly a bunch of kiddies confused with their sexual orientation. Mature person would certainly not act this way, even on the net...

many anti-traders are hostile and rude...(maybe hypocrits)....period

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeloftime View Post
    In a thread about hypocrisy this seems the most hypocritical thing I have seen so far.
    I have nothing against you personally sear, for all I know you may be a great guy but I have read other posts by you and you have a big grudge against traders. In the past you have described traders as both scum and gay.
    lol...the reason I used the smiley was because it's one of the poll options and I was making a joke. I actually have nothing against gay people and one of my best friends from university is gay so I feel a bit bad about that. As for traders being scum that was an overreaction as I explained in the thread were I made that post...it would be nice if you didn't quote me selectively.

However I do have a "grudge" against traders for a number of reasons. Seeing as you're so knowledgeable about my posting here I won't bother to write another essay about it because the whole issue bores me to be honest. But I will point out my main problems with trading.

It's a disease which becomes an addiction. The amount of collectors here makes be ill and the main way people who are collectors get accounts is trading. There are other reasons I disprove of it but I'll only mention one more. I get angry to see people pissing all over trackers that I care about. Staff and members work hard to make those sites what they are and when you sneak in you're spitting in the face of every honest member.

Now I may be wrong but the reasons I have read from you and various other anti-trading buddies of yours is that trading is wrong because:
    a) inviting a complete stranger to a site may compromise site security - the invitee could work for the RIAA etc
    b) the person you are inviting could be a cheater and therefore is bad for the site
    c) since you don't know the invitee they may break any number of rules and might get the whole invite tree banned.

Can you explain to me how giving away 3 invites to complete strangers is any different?
    I think they're all valid reasons some more than others. And no giving invites to strangers isn't any different. I never thought about it at the time and in reflection it was wrong I was banned I learned my lesson

I have seen anti-trader giveaways where people have been refused an invite because they made one trade. In that thread (and others) I have seen the way you and your friends here are completely unforgiving when it comes to people who have only traded once - 'once a trader always a trader' or 'you made your decision you will have to live with it' etc. Yet strangely enough these same anti-traders all leap to your defence when it is pointed out by puckface that you have basically done the same thing - nice to see people standing by their principles.
    Next time someone bad-mouths me about the fact that when I first came here I traded a few accounts all I need to say is that 'looking back it was rather silly' and all will be forgiven.
    1. I did not trade and imo trading and giveaways are completely different though I think tracker staff would argue that.

2. If the rules state you have to have never traded why should that be ignored. It's one thing to give someone you know who used to be a trader but has stopped an invite...and to just go well you made some trades and even though I don't know you I'll take your word for it.

It's a lot harder to find someone you can trust when you're doing a giveaway.

3. I'm not involved in any "anti-trader" giveaways nor do I plan to be. Though I did point out on a couple of occasions that one particular person didn't deserve an invite because he posts in every giveaway thread and never bothers to read the rules.

4. The people who defended me in this thread haven't been involved in any anti-trader giveaways that I have seen. and yes they defended me I would do the same because we're friends

Also puckface wasn't accusing me of being involved in a giveaway he was accusing me of being a trader. There's a difference. I was merely pointing out that he was wrong I don't trade.

5. It can be forgiven one of my best mates on this board is an ex-trader...I trust him enough to invite him anywhere. I've said numerous times that people can change. It just makes it harder to build that trust that's all. When have I ever said once a trader always a trader. It's not something I would do.

One last point, you leap into threads when you have the chance to criticise traders and you are remorseless in your criticisms. It strikes me that if you are prepared to dish it out you should be man enough to take it. What do you do when someone criticises you and accuses you of doing pretty much the same as you have been accusing others of doing? You call him fuckface.
    once again I didn't get pissed about someone saying I was involved in a giveaway and that is the same as trading. I'll let his words speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    This from someone who got banned from x264 for trading.

shut the hell up.
    So while you're correct there's a fine line between giveaways and trading that wasn't his point. I have a right to defend myself just as much as everyone else.

As for calling him fuckface I was merely responding to his hostility. How would you feel if I told you to shut the hell up. But I wouldn't do that because you made some valid points so I addressed them but Mr Anti-Anti Trader wanted to come at me aggressively so I made a joke about his nick and called him fuckface I'd do it again too.

And one last thing...I feel sorry for the people who feel that you can't make real friends in BT communities....I assure you that's not the case.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by sokrates View Post
    the sig isnt meant seriously...
    and as artemis pointed out, its just copied from speedfreak..
    concerning your sig.. read it yourself.. perhaps you will find the mistake, but probably not..
    for the try to call me a child or a dude with a childish behaviour you made me laugh a little..
    as far as i know mm was banned for disrespectful behaviour. after some incidents he was banned bc he publicly said that skizo cheated on some trackers (eg. on oink (not detected by a script but by an admin going through logs..)). perhaps it was another inducement.. who cares..
    True I see no mistake in my sig, by all means please tell me so I can correct it. If you are speaking about the wording well then you will have to reasearch a bit more and when you do you will find that different bibles have it in different ways see the translation from the original bibles ( Old Testament ) written in Hebrew and Aramaic were composed over 1000 years so needless to say there are a few of them out there.

Also true perhaps I did mean say by having that as your sig was childish. So "as far as you know" Mel was banned for these things then why should he be "freed"? I would ban any member who has done these things after repeated warnings. Who would be the douchbagians ( New favorite word ) ?

"Who cares"...well I care, maybe I'm taking this wrong but from your sig and how you responded I am taking this to be a shot at FST staff, again correct me if I'm wrong. That is something I do not appreciate. I am part of this staff and although I don't think Mel is all that bad of a guy he HAS broken rule upon rule here and his ban is fully warented, now what is NOT warented is your detailed reference to Skizo's accusations what does that have to do with anything? Why wouldn't you just say he publicly called Skizo a cheater? Now I question your motives. I myself have seen no evidence to accuse Skizo of doing any such thing and without proof it will be one of the various accusations from Mel that have amounted to nothing more than works of fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    ...hey bro you sure love your debates ...but to answer your question I think that no it's not ok that account you created was meant for you and if you don't want it it's best to let it die so a new user can walk in the front door.

But on the topic of the poll. It's not hypocritical if the trader giving away the invite would never trade something they got for free. If they would but expect others to do as they say and not as they do then that is in my book the definition of a hypocrite.

p.s. trading is lame but it has nothing to do with sexuality all I can say for a fact is that detale is totally
    Sure bro I love debates, but not as much as I love doing filthy things to your Girl when you leave for work!!!

more to come I gotta go atm
    Last edited by Detale; 12-14-2007 at 03:34 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    ...i'm shocked I always thought you liked men.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeloftime View Post
    I have seen anti-trader giveaways where people have been refused an invite because they made one trade. In that thread (and others) I have seen the way you and your friends here are completely unforgiving when it comes to people who have only traded once - 'once a trader always a trader' or 'you made your decision you will have to live with it' etc. Yet strangely enough these same anti-traders all leap to your defence when it is pointed out by puckface that you have basically done the same thing - nice to see people standing by their principles.
    It's called friendship. It was a false accusation based purely on ignorance, with the only purpose of defamation. You would do the same for a friend of yours. Plus, I think comments from people close to you are more valid, since they know you better than just someone just reading through past posts.

fixed.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 12-13-2007 at 10:14 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I should point out that one bad apple can destroy it for many others...

Lets say that I, Mr. A, invite Mr. B, who invites Mr. C... etc...

A => B =>C => => E => F => G => H => I => J => K => L => M => N => O.....

So, Mr. O decides to trade his account...

Hi gheys...

Level 50 account for trade. Give me free sex of a bit of beef for this exclusive account...

Buffered to 500 TerraBytes using NRSG (supercheat program).

Or swap for FSC, FTN, **-*, Revolt, RevolutionTT, What.cd, Waffles.FM, RTS, RTU, RTFM, FAQ and TrickTracker (no part swap. All or nothing).

*BUMP*

*BUMP*

*BUMPETY BUMP*
    What happens is that someone affiliated with that site (staff or concerned member) does a status check, and that member and all the tree above gets banned (happened recently on the wabbit when a solitary member decided to trade his account, and caused misery for 2,000 other members).

If we offer an invite to someone, then that someone should have the decency to respect the gift. After all, how many Israelis have been globally banned, simply because VIPDiablo could not resist trading that account he was given.

If you don't want it, you should delete it, or let it naturally expire, otherwise treasure it. To trade it could mean the difference between several thousand members keeping or losing their accounts on favourite trackers.

Just remember, Mr. Tradeeeer, that you have a sole responsibility towards your fellow FSTers. If you give that account away, you could be jeopardising the accounts of every other FST member, even though they have been genuine members.

Remember that the great purge of 2007 (when thousands lost their accounts at the wabbit) was caused by the indiscriminate actions of one single individual (much like the idiot member of OiNK who sold his OiNK account the a representitive of IFPI for $5, and we all know how that one turned out).

To all future FST traders... Remember that you have a responsibility towards your fellow FST members to help maintain a secure future. Your trading is putting sites at risk, and threatens to put people in prison. Your actions may even force the US to impose the death penalty on filesharers, so the blood of innocents may also be on your hands if the RIAA decide to start slaying filesharers rather than suing them.

Traders have an awesome responsibility. Our very lives are in your hands. If you value our friendships, then stop trading, but if our lives mean absolutely nothing to you, then trade away.

At least I will know, when the bullet enters my brain, that your trading will have depleted the very resource you require, which is other traders, as they will also be dead as well.

Remember that for every action you make, you must accept the consequences. If you trade, expect to inhabit this world by yourself...

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    BANNED BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    True I see no mistake in my sig, by all means please tell me so I can correct it. If you are speaking about the wording well then you will have to reasearch a bit more and when you do you will find that different bibles have it in different ways see the translation from the original bibles ( Old Testament ) written in Hebrew and Aramaic were composed over 1000 years so needless to say there are a few of them out there.

Also true perhaps I did mean say by having that as your sig was childish. So "as far as you know" Mel was banned for these things then why should he be "freed"? I would ban any member who has done these things after repeated warnings. Who would be the douchbagians ( New favorite word ) ?

"Who cares"...well I care, maybe I'm taking this wrong but from your sig and how you responded I am taking this to be a shot at FST staff, again correct me if I'm wrong. That is something I do not appreciate. I am part of this staff and although I don't think Mel is all that bad of a guy he HAS broken rule upon rule here and his ban is fully warented, now what is NOT warented is your detailed reference to Skizo's accusations what does that have to do with anything? Why wouldn't you just say he publicly called Skizo a cheater? Now I question your motives. I myself have seen no evidence to accuse Skizo of doing any such thing and without proof it will be one of the various accusations from Mel that have amounted to nothing more than works of fiction.

...hey bro you sure love your debates ...but to answer your question I think that no it's not ok that account you created was meant for you and if you don't want it it's best to let it die so a new user can walk in the front door.

But on the topic of the poll. It's not hypocritical if the trader giving away the invite would never trade something they got for free. If they would but expect others to do as they say and not as they do then that is in my book the definition of a hypocrite.

p.s. trading is lame but it has nothing to do with sexuality all I can say for a fact is that detale is totally
    Sure bro I love debated, but not as much as I love doing filthy things to your Girl when you leave for work!!!

more to come I gotta go atm
    Wasnt he banned from over 8 trackers now for the same reason? If thats not enough evidence I dunno what is.
    If someone gets busted for robbing 7-11 stores in the same neighborhood on a weekly basis, chances are when you see them go into another 7-11 next week they will get caught stealing there as well.

I used to be one of them people like skizo as well. MM taught me that cheating is wrong. I changed my way of thinking when it comes to torrents. Maybe theres still hope for "people" like skizo as well.

Also which rules did mm break repeatedly?
    He acctually had a snapshot of his infractions somewhere before and they are all pretty dumb reasons which didnt involve breaking any rules other than ALLEGEDLY slandering Skizo.
    HAHA notice ALLEGEDLY.
    Last edited by redcorvette; 12-13-2007 at 10:41 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    I should point out that one bad apple can destroy it for many others...

Lets say that I, Mr. A, invite Mr. B, who invites Mr. C... etc...

A => B =>C => => E => F => G => H => I => J => K => L => M => N => O.....

So, Mr. O decides to trade his account...

Hi gheys...

Level 50 account for trade. Give me free sex of a bit of beef for this exclusive account...

Buffered to 500 TerraBytes using NRSG (supercheat program).

Or swap for FSC, FTN, **-*, Revolt, RevolutionTT, What.cd, Waffles.FM, RTS, RTU, RTFM, FAQ and TrickTracker (no part swap. All or nothing).

*BUMP*

*BUMP*

*BUMPETY BUMP*
    What happens is that someone affiliated with that site (staff or concerned member) does a status check, and that member and all the tree above gets banned (happened recently on the wabbit when a solitary member decided to trade his account, and caused misery for 2,000 other members).

If we offer an invite to someone, then that someone should have the decency to respect the gift. After all, how many Israelis have been globally banned, simply because VIPDiablo could not resist trading that account he was given.

If you don't want it, you should delete it, or let it naturally expire, otherwise treasure it. To trade it could mean the difference between several thousand members keeping or losing their accounts on favourite trackers.

Just remember, Mr. Tradeeeer, that you have a sole responsibility towards your fellow FSTers. If you give that account away, you could be jeopardising the accounts of every other FST member, even though they have been genuine members.

Remember that the great purge of 2007 (when thousands lost their accounts at the wabbit) was caused by the indiscriminate actions of one single individual (much like the idiot member of OiNK who sold his OiNK account the a representitive of IFPI for $5, and we all know how that one turned out).

To all future FST traders... Remember that you have a responsibility towards your fellow FST members to help maintain a secure future. Your trading is putting sites at risk, and threatens to put people in prison. Your actions may even force the US to impose the death penalty on filesharers, so the blood of innocents may also be on your hands if the RIAA decide to start slaying filesharers rather than suing them.

Traders have an awesome responsibility. Our very lives are in your hands. If you value our friendships, then stop trading, but if our lives mean absolutely nothing to you, then trade away.

At least I will know, when the bullet enters my brain, that your trading will have depleted the very resource you require, which is other traders, as they will also be dead as well.

Remember that for every action you make, you must accept the consequences. If you trade, expect to inhabit this world by yourself...
    CLASSIC!
    Proud Member of:

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Dude you know you were my first and you ruined me for all other men after the "Shit wanking" incident. I was in the hospital for 3 days after that you tried to offer me a Mango invite to make me feel better remember?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

Fox although I think your point is very valid I also think this is a bit extreme, this description is like some post apocalyptic war where only the military cyborgs are left to torrent! Eh would make a good movie I think but a bit harsh for 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by redcorvette View Post
    Wasnt he banned from over 8 trackers now for the same reason? If thats not enough evidence I dunno what is.
    If someone gets busted for robbing 7-11 stores in the same neighborhood on a weekly basis, chances are when you see them go into another 7-11 next week they will get caught stealing there as well.

I used to be one of them people like skizo as well. MM taught me that cheating is wrong. I changed my way of thinking when it comes to torrents. Maybe theres still hope for "people" like skizo as well.

Also which rules did mm break repeatedly?
    He acctually had a snapshot of his infractions somewhere before and they are all pretty dumb reasons which didnt involve breaking any rules other than ALLEGEDLY slandering Skizo.
    HAHA notice ALLEGEDLY.
    Again I'm not claiming to know the details of what happened, neither should you, I am saying it wouldn't be the first time when tracker admin banded together to burn a member of staff at the awful terrible FST. Other members are simply pressured into doing things, alot happens behind the scenes and alot of it isn't pretty.

With Mel He did in fact publicly accuse Skizo of cheating ( not allegedly ) which is not allowed, he was at times a very hostile poster. This is what I personally know and have seen myself. Other reasons he may have been banned do not concern you or even me, I believe it is between Mel and Reality so why don't we leave it between them k.

I myself have been the victim of a rumor passed around by site staff and when I put up EVERY BT site membership and my position here if they could offer me some proof I haven't heard from them since, so don't believe ANYTHING until you have absolute proof and even then it could very easily be altered anyway. Consider the sources of the information many of the same sites we deal with HATE FST, FSTers, and especially FST staff incase you didn't already know. Somehow we are to blame for all the world ills.

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    I read all 10 pages before considering my post, as it's best to get the whole flavour before one opens their mouth less they be considered a fool!

First off I've enjoyed sharing banter with Sear, and reading his posts for months now, and he is one of the most trustworthy and decent members out there. He has respect far beyond the borders of FST.Attempts to throw mud at his name is just (I finally got to use that smiley!!!).

Second, I'd bet a whole paycheque that most of the folks defending trading here sure don't use their FST username on other sites, and probably breath a sigh of relief each time they can log on successfully. Me...and members like Sear and others, don't have to worry about *getting caught*. We know our accounts are good because we're honest and came into our site without any deceit.

Finally, no matter how you try to dress it up, getting into a site in any other way than open signups or receiving an invite in a way that respects the tracker rules is wrong, and will compromise not just the site, but ruin it for so many members. I appreciate TheFox's summary of how invite tree's get ruined. I'll give you an example. My account on TL is fine, but somewhere in my tree some loser messed up . As a result I -- who has ALWAYS maintained respect for tracker sites and its members - have had my invites disabled, permanently. I remain a member but will never be able to invite a friend. My thoughts to the asshat who ruined it...way to go you jerk.

Anyone who thinks acct trading is just between the two people and affects no one else are naive and selfish. Harsh words but there is no other way to describe it.

Just my two cents....
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast