Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice about inviting ppl to BM & BMTV

fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    How do minimize the risk inviting a leecher/cheater/a person previously banned to strict trackers like BM & BMTV. To be honest sometimes I think of helping ppl to get to those trackers because I have some spare invites but I really have a bad experience inviting ppl to those trackers that almost caused me to get banned. What proof do I need from ppl if I started a giveaway tread for that trackers ?
    Anybody here that has invited ppl to those trackers has a bad experience of been warning or got banned ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    To be honest, there really is no definite way of knowing if someone is going to cheat or not.

It used to be that you can ask for a ratio-proof from OiNK as they are practically impossible to cheat at.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think its better to invite your friends, cuz u are sure if they are good users or not, some stranger u dont know him and its difficult to trust him.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    I know how you feel, I invited two people to BitMeTV and now regret ever inviting them. The first had his account disabled for inactivity (0down, 0up). It could have been worse, since he basically did nothing with the account. The second person downloaded 1 file and hasn't really been using the site, maybe he was just a collector? Who knows. From now on I am just going to invite people that I have gotten to know a little bit.

My advice to you would be to invite people that you have known for a while instead of complete strangers no matter how deserving they may be. It's just really hard to figure out a persons true intent with a few pm's being sent back and forth.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You can trust me.

Pretty much you can:

1. Have them send you a screenshot of their ratio at a site that you know of.

2. Faux Trade, even if you don't really want to take their invite, you'll know that they probably had to earn that invite

3. Look at their post and/or rep here or any other filesharing forums such as ************** or zeropaid

4. Get to know them. You can probably measure if a person is worth of your invite after a good few conversations with em.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Sanka113; 01-18-2008 at 02:54 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    2. Trade, even if you don't really want to take their invite, you'll know that they probably had to earn that invite

This is surely the best tactic to minimize your risks of inviting a leecher,cheater or a person previously banned

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i gave out an invite the guy who was deserving at the time and was great for a while then like 8 months in then cheated got caught and now i dont have any invites just be sure i thought i was
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    the guy probably cracked under the pressures of seeding in a bitmetv world
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hey its tough but if i can do it before i got a seedbox so could he or ask for help i would have helped out
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Just follow the site rules they say invite people you know and trust otherwise you stand a risk to all the things you talk about. you can search past history ask for ratio screenshots ask for his username and see if his respectable on other sites nothing can guarantee that the person will be a good member unless you know them in person you allways stand a risk to anybody you invite all you can do minimize that risk to a certain degree admins have other resources and methods for finding out about certain user's but that is their little secret i guess. just use common sense if you don't like the person either say so or don't invite them it's only how you judge the person that matters it varies from person to person
    Last edited by sleepyy; 12-12-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast