Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Rant & Rave about Common Sense

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    GREAT STOPS Convenience Store in my area needs to fire its Manager. I go in there at least 2 times a day but mostly during the evening hours because I enjoy talking with their night employee. Now, I just came back from the store and I seriously cussed out the manager and the employee working behind the counter. Great Stops Fountain drinks are .79 for ANY size fountain Drink. I always bring in my NFL football Mug which it says hold 52oz but actually holds less than 44oz with ice in it.

So, I fill it up and take it to the cashier and she rings it up as $.99 and with tax it is $1.06. I turn around and point at the HUGE sign in front of the soda fountain and tell the cashier that it is clearly marked $.79 ANY SIZE DRINK. She then tells me, "you have a refill" I then again say, "$.79 ANY SIZE DRINK". The manager then comes up and tells me that refills are $1.06...

Are you getting this yet???

I argue with the manager that why would u charge me $1.06 for a refill when you charge .$79 for ANY SIZE. she then says, "BUT your not buying OUR cup"

I give her this dumbfounded look and then lost it. I yelled at her and said, "ARE you an idiot?" I walked back to the fountain area and grabbed a empty 44oz cup and slammed it down on the counter in front of the manager. "There, here is my 44oz cup.. now charge me $.79"

I then took the cup back to the fountain area and placed it back with the other 44oz cups and walked out the door.

AGAIN, this is why our world is the way it is today. These type of stores will hire just about anyone that can't use COMMON SENSE or never graduated from high school.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    I go in there at least 2 times a day but mostly during the evening hours because I enjoy talking with their night employee.

These type of stores will hire just about anyone that can't use COMMON SENSE or never graduated from high school.
    slightly strange

You say they charge a certain price for any size of drink, which i would take to mean any size of drink from the range of cup sizes they provide. There has to be limits, would you expect them to fill up an empty oil drum if you took that in?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    your not getting it are you? Their 44oz cup when filled without ice will fill my mug to the top. and stop making reference to trying to cheat someone. I wasn't trying to get over on anyone. The whole point of this is they should always try to make the customer happy and not make this drink thing an issue like the manager did.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Get the 44 oz cup with the appropriate amount of ice and no drink; see what they try to charge you.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Get the 44 oz cup with the appropriate amount of ice and no drink; see what they try to charge you.
    EXACTLY!!

They are not charging you for the soda nor the ice. They charge you for the cup. So, by me not getting the cup, I saved them .79

6. Lounge   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm sorry I can't get past both the fact that anyone would feel it necessary to berate some poor slob who is only doing their job,albeit a very poorly paying job with little or no redeeming features over 20 cents.That and that anyone would wish to voluntarily consume the equivalent of 3.5 cans of soda at once.

And they are not charging you for the cup.The cup is advertising,hence their wish that you use one.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm sorry I can't get past both the fact that anyone would feel it necessary to berate some poor slob who is only doing their job,albeit a very poorly paying job with little or no redeeming features over 20 cents.That and that anyone would wish to voluntarily consume the equivalent of 3.5 cans of soda at once.

And they are not charging you for the cup.The cup is advertising,hence their wish that you use one.
    I don't usually use my mug except when i go to work. I drive 10 hrs a day so i fill my mug up so I wont have to stop later.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

Is that true?
    Almost all major coffee chains over here offer to pour their coffee into your own mug, after washing it for you, in order to combat litter...
    If the cups are for advertisements then why would they offer the mug option?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by newcster68 View Post
    So, by me not getting the cup, I saved them .79

So, by this logic, you could save them A LOT by dumping the entire contents of their soda fountain down the drain. Or would that still only save them .79?

Regardless of your consumptive needs, many people get refills that are quite large. Charging .99 for any size refill is fair. If you plan to fill something that is within the size limits of their cups- simply grab a cup (they do want some advertisement) and don't make a scene over it. Either way, you showed your ass for .20. Most of us don't make a scene, or rant online, until the cost is over $1. Then, and only then, do the gloves come off.

In short, you want a minimum wage earner to lose his job for .20? Ass.

Spoiler: Show
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by newcster68 View Post
    GREAT STOPS Convenience Store in my area needs to fire its Manager. I go in there at least 2 times a day but mostly during the evening hours because I enjoy talking with their night employee. Now, I just came back from the store and I seriously cussed out the manager and the employee working behind the counter. Great Stops Fountain drinks are .79 for ANY size fountain Drink. I always bring in my NFL football Mug which it says hold 52oz but actually holds less than 44oz with ice in it.

So, I fill it up and take it to the cashier and she rings it up as $.99 and with tax it is $1.06. I turn around and point at the HUGE sign in front of the soda fountain and tell the cashier that it is clearly marked $.79 ANY SIZE DRINK. She then tells me, "you have a refill" I then again say, "$.79 ANY SIZE DRINK". The manager then comes up and tells me that refills are $1.06...

Are you getting this yet???

I argue with the manager that why would u charge me $1.06 for a refill when you charge .$79 for ANY SIZE. she then says, "BUT your not buying OUR cup"

I give her this dumbfounded look and then lost it. I yelled at her and said, "ARE you an idiot?" I walked back to the fountain area and grabbed a empty 44oz cup and slammed it down on the counter in front of the manager. "There, here is my 44oz cup.. now charge me $.79"

I then took the cup back to the fountain area and placed it back with the other 44oz cups and walked out the door.

AGAIN, this is why our world is the way it is today. These type of stores will hire just about anyone that can't use COMMON SENSE or never graduated from high school.

You poor, constipated prick, you.

Jump.

-doobs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast