Thread: error with all kind of filesharing software

zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    need help plz im starting to feel a little desperate

about 4 weeks ago my pc crashed so meantime till i get the money im using my old neighbors computer that he doesnt use .
    now i managed to recover all my trackers and downloaded the utorrent 1.6.1 again , i have a router ( home network ) and i open ports on router but when i try to download something it gives me this error :

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7156/11sm0.jpg

now ive tried to download from deferent trackers and also from public ones but its all the same

can someone help me plz , dont know what to do and i cant use my trackers meantime .

thanks ( sorry if its the wrong section for this kinnd of staff )

also now i tried it with emule and it gives me the same error also tried it with https torrent files and then it gives me error : " cannot establish connection" , dont know if its connected but also i have an error when i try to browse with ff - it shows me an error like im not connected and last thing i cant connect also to the mirc .

WTF ppl i need urgent help

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Have you tried uTorrent 1.7.5? 1.6.1 is pretty old.

yo

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Seems like ur Ports arent forwarded properly...

i guess www.portforward.com might help you

I am using 1.6.1 only..and pretty satisfied with it..no hassles
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    yeah guys ive tried also 1.7.5 and believe me my ports a forward properly , and even if the were'nt i still should be able to connect and have the red dot on the bottom of the page but i dont its like the whole p2p is not available to my computer .

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Emma1979's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    What about changing software. I use azureus and have had no probs at all.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    same thing with azureus and bittorent

it tells me there that i have something like a socket and that my java is firewalled .

i opened then the java in the firewall but didnt help/

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Emma1979's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I guess you could maybe download a portscanner and see what is open when your firewall is up? (to check that java is getting through). When i configure azureus i always use port 49152

I also found this if it helps ...

Do a port forwarding check in Azureus that will tell you if the ports are open its easy to change the ports
    but there is 1 they tell you not to use i use 61401 and max out most of the time its the same port i used for the Blue Frog. if you are using a router you don't need a fire wall. if your not then your firewall is blocking the port
    Last edited by Emma1979; 12-14-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Make sure you use higher port numbers and look in the tut section of this forum for some additional port forwarding advice. Good luck!

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    clocktower's Avatar Poster
    use ranomize ports in the latest utorrent open ur ports disable ur firewall especially if its a router also check to see if dht is disabled and also peer guardian

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Have you tried uTorrent 1.7.5? 1.6.1 is pretty old.
    Well, but safer I assume...
    Google uTorrent + RIAA \ MPAA or something like that...
    The latest safe version is 1.6.1, that's the latest before utorrent sold them selves to this copyright organizations