Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    that show rock

4. Movies & TV   -   #134
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Didn't like the first ep of season 5.
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. Movies & TV   -   #135
    nye's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    What a good start to the season. Hopefully the action gets going right away, unlike the past, what...2 seasons?

6. Movies & TV   -   #136
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    From someone who hasn't followed the series on a regular basis( think like 3 episodes in the preceding four years) but watched episode one in it's entirety,a of couple layman's observations.
    1. Nice direction especially the opening few minutes where the camera is used in a certain ways to give a strange dissociating effect sort of like what ( I'm assuming) a true psychopath feels ...errrr doesn't feel.
    2. How come no one sees how strange Dexter Morgan is?
    Even with the excuse of the trauma of his wife being murdered, I think people would be more likely to be calling for the guys with nets and straight-jackets to come pick him up than protecting him or saying what " a great guy" he is?

Yes it's fiction but I mean come-on.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Movies & TV   -   #137
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    2. How come no one sees how strange Dexter Morgan is?
    Even with the excuse of the trauma of his wife being murdered, I think people would be more likely to be calling for the guys with nets and straight-jackets to come pick him up than protecting him or saying what " a great guy" he is?

Yes it's fiction but I mean come-on.

Well I think some picked up on it, even Debra his sister thought he was acting totally strange, but then you had the cop who is her partner Quinn I think his name, who knew something was up, then again he has been hot on Dexter since last season. So this jsut added fuel to the fire.

I thought it was weird how Debra and Quinn had sex right there in the kitchen in his house, you would think that would be a bit weird since she was just killed there...but then again I guess it was a heat of the moment due to stress.
    Last edited by gravey; 09-28-2010 at 04:18 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #138
    nye's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well, I won't worry about the sex thing, guess you either get that or you don't.

Regarding how weird Dexter is...you would have needed to see more episodes (keep in mind, we are on the 5th season here) to appreciate Dexter's character development that we've seen over time. The guy hides his 'true nature' pretty well and only the audience is aware of it. He was way off his rocker internally in that first episode, but you would think his friends/family are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one...the guy's wife was just brutally murdered by a serial killer, yah know? About Quinn, this obviously reminds us a lot of the situation with Doakes. I think we can expect a similar outcome.

9. Movies & TV   -   #139
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Anyone noticed the reference to Six Feet Under in the funeral home? It was like David Fisher sitting at the other side of the table. The scene was even shot in a style reminiscent of that series, and fans would of course recognize that moment where the man passes the tissue box over to Dexter. Dexter’s internal monologue questioning how the man can be so empathetic is also highly reminiscent of conversations between David and his brother, Nate, and their partner, Federico, over the course of Six Feet Under.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 09-29-2010 at 11:21 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Anyone noticed the reference to Six Feet Under in the funeral home? It was like David Fisher sitting at the other side of the table. The scene was even shot in a style reminiscent of that series, and fans would of course recognize that moment where the man passes the tissue box over to Dexter. Dexter’s internal monologue questioning how the man can be so empathetic is also highly reminiscent of conversations between David and his brother, Nate, and their partner, Federico, over the course of Six Feet Under.

yes I noticed it and wonder whose idea it was to do that? though I was not a huge fan of 6 feet under, I did catch many episodes.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast