Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Start your own public tracker

rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Decided to keep the mysql (for faster dev time) and tighten it up a lot.
    Removed a couple of minor efficiency errors in the announce, and managed to cut announce.php down to about 80 lines.

Added in the option to allow tracking of torrents that aren't uploaded to the site, the switch for black/white listing, a new sortable browse page, a new design and will be adding forums and comments.

I may well turn it into a full blown site yet

First copy of the new one might be available tommorow or sunday.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    glowjr's Avatar Member
    hey uhh i got problem on it.. i cant seems to upload torrents. it says torrent file not found and there's this error says Cannot unserialize cache/bans file.

could you help me with this problem?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    @glowjr: Yeah, looks like a tiny bug. Go to the admin page first and that should create the bans file. If you're getting errors about files not found, make sure you have chmod the directories to 777. If you use cuteftp to upload the files, just right click on the directory and choose properties then set it to read/write/execute for all 3 sets.

For 1.1, it looks like I'm going to make it switchable between a public and private site, with passkeys and logins for the private one. Login system is already done, with cookie protection to prevent account stealing. Sortable browse page is done. Upload will be the same, so just comments to add and possibly forums.

When in private mode, it still wont be storing ratios or IPs, for user protection. It's aimed more at small communities or those wanting to open a half decent public tracker rather than traditional private sites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    glowjr's Avatar Member
    ermm doesn't look right, ok here's what happen
    i deleted all the stuff i did before and start from the top and im doing this on my site.
    after i did it here come the problem.

1st visit to the page
    Error: No Torrent which is normal right?

then i went to admin page and logged in.. and the error poped up

i dont know what happened here.

then i tried to upload torrent

then i clicked upload and another error poped up

and im not sure by which directory you meant chmod. do i need to fix any codes or on the main site?
    and should i 777 the folder which contain all the files or 777 only the files? if this is what u meant earlier

this may look different because im not using 100webspace.com
    Last edited by glowjr; 12-14-2007 at 10:29 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well that answers my question! What does System do in his spare time? Very VERY cool of you to post this Thanks so much.

This will somehow be corrupted and misinterpreted as a new RVT tracker maybe R3vol7 v2.0 or something and shoot right up to a level 13 like Mango.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    bigdaddykane's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    good job i might look into this for myself

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    @glowjr: inside the tracker folder, you should have folders called "cache/" "peercache/", "torrents/" and "torrents/files". Those are the directories that need to be 777. Either create or upload them via FTP, chmod and then visit the admin page and everything should work.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    glowjr's Avatar Member
    yay thanks rvt.. everything works fine now.. you're the man! oh and uh may i edit the looks of it? i mean changing the banner and the background?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon75 View Post
    dude, sysdev is not a community. You download the code and make your own tracker. There is no forum there.
    Wow some people are so dense.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Make any changes you want to the look/banner.
    It just needed something there to act as a layout

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast