Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this crap even work...TCP/IP patch windows xp sp2?

deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yes it works and it helps a lot.Windows only allows 10 half open connections but with this you can change it to anything.But 50 is suggested.Then you go into Utorrent advanced options and change the net.max_halfopen to the same as you did with the patch.Nod32 only says something because you have report potentially dangerous programs on and this is "potentially dangerous" to them because it changes a windows setting.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Ya i did that...i see no diff!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well it's not going to make your speed faster if thats what you mean.It just helps you connect to peers.

Here maybe this will help because i can't really explain it myself.Just remember that the higher you have this set to the faster worms and viruses can spread..

What's this EventID 4226?
    The EventID 4226 means, that there are to many concurrent TCP connection attempts. A connection attemp is a query to a computer, if it accept the TCP connection or not. If the computer is for example no more existent, it will be waited for a few seconds, until a timeout occurs and the connection attemp get canceled.
    Since XP SP2 there are only 10 concurrent TCP connection attempts possible, while in SP1 it has not been limited.

Which effects does this limit have?
    Applications with many connection attemps may work bad or not at all. Even web browsers, eMail clients or antivir programs can be affected and might bring a long time of waiting.
    Also administrative diagnosticprograms in companies make problem. In short, there seems to be more problems than there is an advantage.

How can I find out, if I'm affected?
    Just have a look at Start/Maintenance/Control Panel/Administration Management/Eventview/System if there are entries with the event id 4226. If yes, minimum one time the limit has been reached

I read something, that it's possible to change limit via registry (TcpNumConnections). Is that true?
    Unfortunately not. Because the concurrent connection attemp limit has nothing to with concurrent connections, this registry-key is useless. Unfortunately there is no registry-key, which would allow the user to change the concurrent connection attemps.

50 concurrent, half-open connections is to less for me. Is it possible to get more?
    Yes! Just use as a Parameter /L=limit, where limit describes the new limit.
    For example a 100 limit can be set with the command:
    EvID4226Patch /L=100

Which other parameters does exist?
    Not entered yet ...

Which languages are supported?
    Theoretical every lange is supported. If not, please contact me!

I have Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP SP1. Will these get supported soon, too?
    Because the limit got introducted in XP SP2, the other operating systems are currently unlimited.
    Exception: Windows 2003 Server seems to be limited as well since SP1 beta. An update will follow ...
    Last edited by deuce6000; 12-14-2007 at 04:34 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Well it's not going to make your speed faster if thats what you mean.It just helps you connect to peers.
    Ya my peers suck ass, i have fn 2 at the bloody most.
    I'm so sick of this!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    What torrent you trying to get anyway?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    :hmmm: well when I scan the patch with my nod 32 I don't get a warning and when I run it a command prompt window opens and it give me the info below:

Quote Originally Posted by cmd line
    Intelligent TCPIP.SYS patcher / EventID 4226 patch Version 2.23d
    (c) 2004-05 LvlLord (www.LvlLord.de) use parameter /? for more options

This program is in development. Visit http://www.LvlLord.de for a new version
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Windows mode
    - Recognised Windows-directory: C:\WINDOWS

- 'Windows XP SP2 or newer' TCPIP.SYS detected ...

- Build of TCPIP.SYS : 5.1.2600.2892 (I386)
    - Build of safety copy: 5.1.2600.2892 (I386)

Found limit position : 0x4F7C6
    Current maximum concurrent half-open connections: 50

If you continue, please press 'Abort' and 'Yes' on the popup from Windows
    File Protection. Because we change system files, Windows tries to restore the
    original one. So it's normal.

Do you really want to change the limit to 10?
    (Y=Yes / N=No / C=Change limit / U=Uninstall)
    As you can see my connection have been set to 50 already so I think it wants change the connections back to the default settings which I don't want to do.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    That's because you don't have your nod32 set up to detect potentially dangerous applications.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    What torrent you trying to get anyway?
    Any new and popular movies or music!

This how bad things are, take a look how shitty my peers are.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9205/jkmtx2.jpg

That's because you don't have your nod32 set up to detect potentially dangerous applications.
    Thank u for proving it to every body.
    U are 100% correct, it has a bloody virus!
    I use the german one, and just memorize it...
    Last edited by tweakz; 12-14-2007 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    These are all obvious things you should do and probably have but it can't hurt to ask i guess.Do you protocol encryption enabled in utorrent?
    My settings are global max number of connections=130.
    Max connect peers per torrent=70
    Maxuploadslots=3

Also you are connectable right?

I just noticed that all the torrents you are downloading have only 1 or 0 seeds also.Which is most likely the problem

And no it doesn't have a bloody virus lol!I been using it for years with no problems.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 12-14-2007 at 04:47 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    These are all obvious things you should do and probably have but it can't hurt to ask i guess.Do you protocol encryption enabled in utorrent?
    My settings are global max number of connections=130.
    Max connect peers per torrent=70
    Maxuploadslots=3

Also you are connectable right?

I just noticed that all the torrents you are downloading have only 1 or 0 seeds also.Which is most likely the problem

And no it doesn't have a bloody virus lol!I been using it for years with no problems.
    I tried ur settings, yes I'm connectable, & if u go and download the patch from the site, u will see, don't use ur old patch from ur hard drive, get the new one from the site.
    I used the old one, and it was fine, but now it's not!
    Trust me...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast