Thread: Fucking PISS!!

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I'm playing Mass Effect and I'm on Noveria.

I get to the fight with Matriarch Benezia and she and the other Asari and Geth kick my ass a coupla times.

I saved my game right before I go into the room.

Now every time I go to fight her I get (I assume) the cut scene when she dies (without having fought her).

I get a fucking weird looking screen and the game goes black as she talks about seeing a light.

I can hear fighting then but I can't do shit but go to the dashboard and load my last game.

I even got to her room by doing different shit and now I still get the same result.

Maybe I have to go further back before that game save.

Fucking glitch alert!

Save your game well before her room!

Luckily this doesn't muff the entire game. If had kicked her ass sooner I wouldn't going the this.

I cannot stand glitches in console games. I expect that from PC games.

2. Games   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    that used to be the case. now u consolers have nics and get patches just like us pc gamers. welcum 2 our world.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    that used to be the case. now u consolers have nics and get patches just like us pc gamers. welcum 2 our world.
    You consolers?

I play both, dude.

Actually I can't recall the last patch or even encountering a major glitch in a console game.

Luckily in Mass Effect you are allowed a million saves and now I'm past that part.

If ME was a tedious game I'd be more pissed I guess. However, since the combat is actually action-RPG, it's pretty cool.

4. Games   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    last major glitch i've encountered in a console game was secret of mana. u can easily get stuck on the walls of the game. if that happens bad enough u have to reset. bad times.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Games   -   #5
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    The 'consolers' are paying thousands less than PC gamers. I play both.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    The 'consolers' are paying thousands less than PC gamers. I play both.
    Explain and same here.

I play the multitude of games and genres cuz I don't stick to one system.

7. Games   -   #7
    Computer updates are a necessity after only 1 - 2 years, compared to the at least 5 year lifespan of a console. Updating just your graphics card generally costs at least $200 (up to 5 or $600 for a high end card) plus the extra price for new memory, CPU, etc. if you are a more hardcore gamer and demand better performance. Sure you can go 3 years or maybe even 4 without upgrading, but how well do you want the game to look and play? By 3 years, current games are only able to be played at low settings. Consoles are much easier to optimize and get better with time like PC games without having to worry about new hardware. If you are serious about gaming on a PC, then I guess paying the price doesn't matter so much but it is still a very costly hobby, nonetheless.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 12-12-2007 at 01:50 AM.

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    Computer updates are a necessity after only 1 - 2 years, compared to the at least 5 year lifespan of a console. Updating just your graphics card generally costs at least $200 (up to 5 or $600 for a high end card) plus the extra price for new memory, CPU, etc. if you are a more hardcore gamer and demand better performance. Sure you can go 3 years or maybe even 4 without upgrading, but how well do you want the game to look and play? By 3 years, current games are only able to be played at low settings. Consoles are much easier to optimize and get better with time like PC games without having to worry about new hardware. If you are serious about gaming on a PC, then I guess paying the price doesn't matter so much but it is still a very costly hobby, nonetheless.
    Well that's why PC gaming is where developers focus their efforts.

It's not only a costly hobby but the av joe wants to pop in a game and play it....not fanny about with the settings, get patches, installation failures, and whatnot.

I'd like to see current PC model for gaming go belly up.

9. Games   -   #9
    It does take more effort to game on a computer, but it is a different experience too. I will only play RTS and Strategy games on my PC. I can play FPS games on consoles too but I generally enjoy them more so on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I'd like to see current PC model for gaming go belly up.
    Do you mean systems like Alienware or the gaming computer in general?