Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do sites encourage you to be in irc

Fly'sEyes BT Rep: +5
    So many sites want you to join them in their irc - so much so they offer you upload credit etc.

what for? Why, apart form creating a community, does it matter to them how many ppl are in their irc ch?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Polarbear started a similiar thread just this morning https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...titions-259315.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Sure some sites are offering an incentive to go to the irc, but its more about building a community. If you look at the majority of the most sought after sites, they have strong active communities. Other trackers take note of this and want to emulate the same. example: People (like myself) want to be part of F*C because of its strong community.

It's about pride... Come and see whats here, who knows you might like it, make a few new acquaintances and come back.

The Spirit of Something Greater

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    yep, very well put Danny, thats the main reason I can see for going on irc. i.e to create a community.

You probably dont want to go to a tracker that has no feedback or forums or irc. The human touch might be lost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    some of the tracker's irc channel is pretty good. it doesnt (always) mean the big sites...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    private bt sites revolve around their community. the better the community the better the site sometimes, but always the higher looked up on it is. why do people ask for ftn more then sct? it is the community not the warez. sysops realize this and push for better communities which in cause and effect makes a better torrent site if done properly. (imho)

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i agree also... trackers theses days are realising that its the community feel that keeps them going.. if the tracker plans on being around a while they need to have a community thats loyal, keeps comming back an supports them and not just jump on the the next best thing.. if that bothers people that trackers are doing this.... theres always The Pirate Bay.....
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    private bt sites revolve around their community. the better the community the better the site sometimes, but always the higher looked up on it is. why do people ask for ftn more then sct? it is the community not the warez. sysops realize this and push for better communities which in cause and effect makes a better torrent site if done properly. (imho)
    Very nicely said...

The Spirit of Something Greater

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Well I had already posted in the other thread but I feel my statement fits better here.

Most sites I have ever been invited too when I started torrents was because of being on IRC and someone liked my attitude or something else and they offered me an invite.

Plus its always nice to get to chat with people in real time instead of playing forum post tag on the site.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    yaaa... i've been offered so many invites on irc for torrent site this and torrent site that, it gets kind of old actually. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast