Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How being part of the IRC community helps with invites

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Hello all,

I am relatively new to the forum, however there are a few things that people seem to miss interpret about how important communities are to high level trackers.

Everywhere I look people are asking just for invites to this site or the next, which dont get me wrong, is a good thing, but only if it is done properly.

I am a member of a number of "high level" and "low level" trackers, however I did not get the invites by begging or trading. I got them because someone on a "low level" tracker that I talked to on IRC or in the forums heard about open sign ups or ended being a mod at a higher up site.

Community is the most important thing in the file sharing world, it is how we communicate with each other and is even how bittorrent, itself works.

Talk to people, be nice not rude, be polite not a wise-ass, because you never know if the person you are talking to is just some basic user or the site mod on a different name...

It is all about community, be part of it, take pride in it, enjoy it!

Merry Christmas and I am proud to join this community.

*Note, I put high level and low level in quotes because each tracker serves its own purpose. I have listed only 3 trackers in my signature because these are the 3 that I am most proud to be on and want people to know. Although someone may say a tracker is low level, it does not necessarily it is low level to you. Try every tracker and find which communities you fit the best in and enjoy being a part of.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yes you have right but not everyone think as you.

All best.
    HT

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    well, im not saying its not in the pack, but mostly i stay at a channel cos the atmosphere is good

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    u join irc to make frds, not to get invites

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by raj3186 View Post

Well of course, but I take care of my friends...Dont you?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well if I didn't, i would never have posted here

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Well if I didn't, i would never have posted here

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I agree with you. Filelist is like my favorite tracker. I been with them for about 2 years now. Their not as big as TL or S*T, but love the community there, and also the content provided. I agree with this post whole heartly. Good job man, appreciate the info.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I know a guy in the Waffles IRC that is goning to get an FTN invite from me soon. Of course he didn't blatantly ask, but if you have friends, they will give you invites.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    I know a guy in the Waffles IRC that is goning to get an FTN invite from me soon. Of course he didn't blatantly ask, but if you have friends, they will give you invites.
    damn .. now everyone wants to be your friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast