Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting that invite you always wanted

good common sense rule its all thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    To STICKY, or not to STICKY? That is the question...

While there may be pertinent stuff that could benefit from being pinned to the top of the forum, if we pinned everything that was relevant, we would need to jump to page 3 before we saw the first of the fresh posts.

Having too many stickies becomes unsightly, and can ruin the forum layout. Also, stickies usually contain information relevant to the forum in question, and too many stikcies will create a negative feel (when the time used could be better used perusing normal posts, and responding to such).

There is the option to combine several stickies into one sticky, but do this too often and you end up with a sticky as complex as an encyclopedia.

The main reason, though, to limit the number of stickies is simple. Most members won't even bother to read them, or if they do read them, they ignore them. Point to note is that cheating is NOT allowed on any trackers I know of, yet people still cheat, because they did not bother to read the rules to realise that cheating was not allowed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Nice little TUT for the noobs.
    ( that might have been me )

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks guys for all the comments, I just hope everyone who didnt reply really took it to heart, because its the only way youll become a good member of a good community

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    matute10's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    good info tanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    yup, good advise. I recently got that special invite (one of them ). It really does pay to try to be active and helpful on the trackers you have. (Even got a 2nd PM offering me an invite after I already signed up)

@ Grinds: I agree about the test
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Too bad not enough people are going to read the good stuff in the original post
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Long John Silver

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    Have to agree with Grind here. The users that could actually benefit form this sort of posts will never read them becouse they are simply to long for them

For them its seems easyer to just skip to the next topic and get their +1 spam added than acctually read the posts that makes some sence.
    it's called ADD!

Btw good post by the OP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234