Thread: Problem: half open tcp and port forwarding?

This started happening one day and I don't know why. Everytime I open Bitcomet it says "Bitcomet detect that your current setting of half open tcp connection limitation is too small."

It gives me the option to fix it, but I can't or maybe just don't know how. I disabled my firewall to no avail, and I downloaded the program pfconfig, but they didn't have my router on their list. What can I do?

It sucks because I can barely upload anymore. PLEASE, if anyone can help me out with this..give me a tip on how to fix it, I would be forever grateful to you.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I am not sure on this but to me it sounds like your tcp connections is limited and what you need to apply is the TCP/IP patch to allow more TCP connections and the outcome being that more then 10 connections are able to be done at once.

Link-> http://www.lvllord.de/

I am unsure of this since I have only used utorrent in the past but it wont hurt to try it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I downloaded it, after it was done a window popped up saying that "file that are required for windows to run properly has been replaced..to maintain system stability windows must restore the original versions of these files. Should I be really worried about that?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemen22 View Post
    a window popped up saying that "file that are required for windows to run properly has been replaced..to maintain system stability windows must restore the original versions of these files. Should I be really worried about that?
    This is perfectly normal, the patch edits a value in the tcpip.sys system file which explains why you are getting that popup.

Just tell if not to replace the file and your system will be patched

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cool! Thanks you guys. Really appreciate it!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    WTF....when i try to open the english version nothing opens....WTF!!!!
    What can it be?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    the answer to your problem:
    use utorrent...
    problem solved.
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by hangemhigh View Post
    the answer to your problem:
    use utorrent...
    problem solved.
    I'm talking about that tcp ip path man...it sucks on my end, the fn english version won't open, but the fn german one works fine!