Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: IP blacklist programs for Mac OSX?

  1. #1
    I use Peerguardian 2 for my Windows machine but would like to have something for my OSX laptop, leopard.

    Peeguardian 2 doesn't work with leopard.

    SafePeer plugin for AZ only works if I can load blocklist files into it, and the BLISS downloads are down

    any advice?

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    FTN Please :) BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    97
    shouldn't Safepeer plugin for AZ work well for u?

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    antitrader's Avatar Uzi submachine gun BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    185
    i think it's good

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Banana Republic
    Posts
    889
    did u try to download wine and try to run this program in wine..

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    FTN Please :) BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by sakingsny View Post
    did u try to download wine and try to run this program in wine..
    Or better yet, use CrossOver for mac (i had forgotten abt it and Wine made me remember....) Its just a better interface for Wine... Maybe it might work

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    behind the turntables
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpay View Post
    I use Peerguardian 2 for my Windows machine but would like to have something for my OSX laptop, leopard.

    Peeguardian 2 doesn't work with leopard.

    SafePeer plugin for AZ only works if I can load blocklist files into it, and the BLISS downloads are down

    any advice?
    azureus is a java app. it's mainly the same in windows and os x.

    no need to emulate anything.

    i suggest you don't use peerguardian at all. it's pretty useless anyway. you don't really need it on a mac.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    planet torrent
    Posts
    1,278
    yes, it's true, actually you don't really need to use PeerGuardian on Mac, I also think that's why they don't port it to Mac OS, because it's pretty useless. You know Mac ppl never use such as antivirus, antispyware, even the firewall for just a personal use

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    use little snitch

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    45
    Posts
    301
    On a side note... What other torrenting related apps do you recommend for the MAC. I just got this new MBP and have basically done all of my stuff on the PC using utorrent, winrar, vlc, etc.

    I did however get firefox and vlc installed for the mac.




    The Spirit of Something Greater

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I'm Fucking Lost
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyGnXz View Post
    On a side note... What other torrenting related apps do you recommend for the MAC. I just got this new MBP and have basically done all of my stuff on the PC using utorrent, winrar, vlc, etc.

    I did however get firefox and vlc installed for the mac.
    run crossover with utorrent. best way
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •