Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm making the most of waffles free leech

Torn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Why is having a huge buffer on a music site so important to everyone?

You can easily keep a 1:1 ratio by grabbing some tunes and keeping them seeded. The more your collection grows, the more you will seed and the higher your ratio.

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal and you wont get banned if you're seeding properly.

Are you really thinking of downloading 60+GB's in one sitting? Ever? ... Slow down...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    if i don't need/want 'em...i won't download 'em.

if i do need/want 'em...i would careless if it's freeleech or not.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Well, I'm primarily using it to simply upgrade a lot of albums which are 192 kbps to V0 or FLAC, depending on the album.

I don't need any of it as I already have it, just up'ing the quality for free.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Well, I'm primarily using it to simply upgrade a lot of albums which are 192 kbps to V0 or FLAC, depending on the album.

I don't need any of it as I already have it, just up'ing the quality for free.
    that's right. i do this with movies as well:

dvdscreener - dvdrip - dvdr - hd

i always want the highest possible quality when i archive something.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster
    i think this thread is a perfect example for why freeleechs have an OVERALL negative impact on the trackers economy... the majority of leeched torrents will NEVER be seeded back to 1:1 ratio nor will they be seeded back period. and anyone saying that there going to seed everything back isnt helping the growth of the site either... 50-100 torrents seeded splits up the bandwidth. it only takes 5-10 active torrents to diminish a users bandwidth. i agree with freeleeches during the first month but it needs to stop... or at least enact a hit n run rule and force torrents to be seeded or else freeleech is nothing but a feel good idea that does not benefit the overall tracker quality.

when it's hard to maintain a good ratio, the quality of the site TENDS to be higher... two examples b*t**tv and oink. the achieves were/are deep and well seeded because it was/is hardER to maintain a good ratio.

what.cd understands this problem and has even talked about it in the forums and the news posts.

anyways. it's a small issue in a world of more important things... people will always love free stuff and will even work harder to keep them free even when it degrades the quality of something.

p.s. dear fan boy/girl and forum troller.. you can post your irrational/irrelevant posts here http://disneyland.disney.go.com thx for understanding
    Last edited by niceguy4; 12-15-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: my grammar sux

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Niceguy4, you do have a good point. Oink's archive was fantastic. Let us just hope that this freeleech will not have a bad affect in the long run. For me personally it was nice, even though I only got to use it for a couple of hours, well 30 minutes left. Downloaded a dubstep album I probably never would have done otherwise and I am enjoying it
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy4 View Post
    i think this thread is a perfect example for why freeleechs have an OVERALL negative impact on the trackers economy... the majority of leeched torrents will NEVER be seeded back to 1:1 ratio nor will they be seeded back period.
    that's why "Blackcats FTW"

H n' Rers bye bye.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy4 View Post
    i think this thread is a perfect example for why freeleechs have an OVERALL negative impact on the trackers economy... the majority of leeched torrents will NEVER be seeded back to 1:1 ratio nor will they be seeded back period. and anyone saying that there going to seed everything back isnt helping the growth of the site either... 50-100 torrents seeded splits up the bandwidth. it only takes 5-10 active torrents to diminish a users bandwidth. i agree with freeleeches during the first month but it needs to stop... or at least enact a hit n run rule and force torrents to be seeded or else freeleech is nothing but a feel good idea that does not benefit the overall tracker quality.

when it's hard to maintain a good ratio, the quality of the site TENDS to be higher... two examples b*t**tv and oink. the achieves were/are deep and well seeded because it was/is hardER to maintain a good ratio.

what.cd understands this problem and has even talked about it in the forums and the news posts.

anyways. it's a small issue in a world of more important things... people will always love free stuff and will even work harder to keep them free even when it degrades the quality of something.

p.s. dear fan boy/girl and forum troller.. you can post your irrational/irrelevant posts here http://disneyland.disney.go.com thx for understanding
    keeping your ratio shouldn't be too easy, that's right.

the harder it is to keep your ratio, the more stuff is uploaded.

but a hit and run rule doesn't make sense on a musictracker.

hit and run rules are good for tracker with larger files.

i posted in both what and waffles about a hit and run rule and the majority was against it.

oink didn't have one as well btw.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-15-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: spelling

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I missed it, just bought new HDD today :S

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    It's over.

Oh well, I got a good 40GB of new stuff/upgraded quality stuff/bookmarked stuff.
    Not too shabby.
    And #it is still freeleech, that's good.

I hope sites do freeleech for New Years, I'm not getting my new HD till Christmas.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast