Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: England Giving The World Soccer/football

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@25 July 2003 - 11:18

Bo - yo get to carry the grass and i get the money, ok?
    Why, do YOU want women?!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Anyway metro wanted to ask, I was talking to someone from the states not too long ago and he mentioned that when you go to the local park (anywhere) you will find most of the kids playing football (It's called football mate  ) and many of the baseball fields and American football pitches have been replaced by football pitches, is this a fair assesment of where the interest of the kids in general is going?
    The US still has a long way 2 go b4 soccer (football) is a huge event, don't get me wrong it's big but not in the same standers as English, Scottish , Spainish etc etc.. but with more schools and Colleges playing soccer and the more coverage US soccer gets IE buy the sale of Tim Howard 2 Man U then, it proves that US soccer is getting 2 a high standard...

3. Lounge   -   #33
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Cheers for the feedback Metro, remember Tim Howard isn&#39;t the first successful footballer over here to come out of the states and they have been noticed (Brad Fridel etc) there are also others playing in some of the other European Leagues Bundesliga etc. With the sheer size of America taken into consideration then even if it is only a smallish percentage of people who are getting involved they are going to keep moving in the right direction.

A lot of the football over here has become stale and major changes are required at grassroot levels. For too long clubs have depended on buying in talent but with inflated transfer fees and wage structures many clubs cannot compete and are having to look at the younger up and coming players, unfortunately in most cases the facilities and financial input at that level has been so poor for so long that they realise that the talent is just not there or has not been developed to it&#39;s full extent at the right time. This is also having a big impact on national sides as many of the top clubs have very few &#39;homegrown&#39; players in their squad. I believe in a lot of cases we are going to have to take a few steps back to make any steps forward.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    I totaly back u up (>Zero Cool<) on what your saying...

If u have time u should check put this link it&#39;s what the MLS do 2 find gr8 up and coming talent...

http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/default.sps?iTeamID=253

5. Lounge   -   #35
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Yes...........we did

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Good link. Thanks Metrostars&#33;&#33;

I totally agree with regards to the "homegrown" player issue. Too many top English clubs are investing money in old foreign players and not enough in developing exciting, young, English players. Full marks to Newcastle(Jenas) and Everton (Rooney) for letting their youngsters shine on the big stage&#33;&#33;

Yes to SPORTSWORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Signature removed

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Yea i think more teams r Realizing that youth is such an important thing.. U just have 2 look at Everton, Wayne Rooney is a global star now, I think Leeds United they also have a gr8 youth policy..

but the end factor is money not all clubs can afford reserve teams and Youth Academies...

But youth is an Essential part of every football nation...

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    England invent lots of sports...

Its just Australia kicks their ass at everything...

And everyone else while there at it *except bloody Urgay*

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@25 July 2003 - 18:34

Except for Rugby Union &#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s been a while since the Wallabies have beaten England at that. Although fairplay they do regularly slaughter us at Cricket&#33;&#33;
    Signature removed

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by soopaman+26 July 2003 - 03:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soopaman @ 26 July 2003 - 03:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@25 July 2003 - 18:34

Except for Rugby Union &#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s been a while since the Wallabies have beaten England at that. Although fairplay they do regularly slaughter us at Cricket&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    And don&#39;t forget

3 - 1

in a sport

i just can&#39;t remember what it was

its something that England are spose to be good at

oh thats right

Socceroo&#39;s 3 - Three Lions 1 in England...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast