Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I wanna start playing a SIM game. Where 2 start?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I used to love Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    Maybe you could try that game.

2. Games   -   #12
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    yes, roller coaster tycoon was very interesting. There were also other in this tycoon series but i did not enjoy those as much as roller coaster tycoon

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

3. Games   -   #13
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    I used to love Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    Maybe you could try that game.
    is there a specific one?

so far i've tried civ 4 and it was ok, but wasn't able to get into it long enough for the copy i acquired shits on itself after 30 mins of use. tried 4 times.

guess i need to try simcity 4 and now this roller coaster business.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Games   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The first roller coaster tycoon.
    You can get the expansion too, loopy landscapes.
    Adds more parks and more rides, but the original has plenty of parks already. Will keep you busy practically forever trying to beat them all.

5. Games   -   #15
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Roller Coaster Tycoon was fun when it came out but IMO sucks now.

6. Games   -   #16
    ok, so i've tried 2 different copies of civ4. both give me the same outcum. 1st copy shits on me in 30 mins. 2nd copy shit on me in 15 mins. i've tried 3 different installs and 2 differnet cracks. what happens is the game hard locks my pc and the screen looks like what 8bit nintendo games used to look like when they were dirty (for those who remember this). is it cuz i have an amd cpu or shit warez? it can't be cuz of intense grafx for i've played way more intense shit on my pc and still do with NO problems. i just can't play civ4. i have yet to try RETAIL. anway, i've already deleted both games and uninstalled it. i've tried to play it 6 times now and it locked up my pc all 6 times. i just wanted to know if anyway else has had or seen this problem be4. lol, within those 6 times i've managed to learn a little something something about the game. i had 3 cities, decent growing military & CURRENCY! well, to bad 4 me. guess it's time for sim city.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    someone else mentioned total war series... the game focus is more on micro managing the battles then building up your society... however, a lot of strategy should be put into building your cities/castles...

very fun game

if you do get into it, there are tons of mods available at twcenter.net which make the game soooo much better...

8. Games   -   #18
    i haven't looked into the total war series yet. i know nothing about it.

went to frys cuz my mouse got destroyed and while i was there i purchased Civilization 3 Complete. box set contains all 3 civ3 games in 1 and cost me $19.99. game is a lot harder then civ4. lol, first time i played civ3 i was killed in 45 mins. 2nd time i played it i was killed in 2 hours. hard shit. 1st time i didn't know wtf i was doing. civ4 is layed out a lot better. 2nd time i played civ3 i kinda knew wtf and had 3 cities going with a harbor, military & currency. good shit, but my military wasn't that strong. some dude wanted some money for nothing and i told him to fuck off. well, he declared war on me and wiped me. dammit. 3rd time imma concentrate on my military some more. i dont' really wanna give in to the fagot AI for dumb ass reasons like just giving them gold for the hell of it. meh, this sim shit is hard 4 me.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

9. Games   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Whilst Civ is the undisputed champion of the genre, Galactic Civilizations I and II are certainly worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    i haven't looked into the total war series yet. i know nothing about it.

went to frys cuz my mouse got destroyed and while i was there i purchased Civilization 3 Complete. box set contains all 3 civ3 games in 1 and cost me $19.99. game is a lot harder then civ4. lol, first time i played civ3 i was killed in 45 mins. 2nd time i played it i was killed in 2 hours. hard shit. 1st time i didn't know wtf i was doing. civ4 is layed out a lot better. 2nd time i played civ3 i kinda knew wtf and had 3 cities going with a harbor, military & currency. good shit, but my military wasn't that strong. some dude wanted some money for nothing and i told him to fuck off. well, he declared war on me and wiped me. dammit. 3rd time imma concentrate on my military some more. i dont' really wanna give in to the fagot AI for dumb ass reasons like just giving them gold for the hell of it. meh, this sim shit is hard 4 me.
    The basic tactic I use is to build city, build military units in city enough to protect it, then build settlers to build new cities. Just carry on pumping out settlers until you fill as much as the map as possible.

Try to expand all the way to the coasts and for land find throttlepoints for your borders where there aren't many squares for units to get through and fill them with your units.
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-28-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Games   -   #20
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by twist off View Post
    someone else mentioned total war series... the game focus is more on micro managing the battles then building up your society... however, a lot of strategy should be put into building your cities/castles...

very fun game

if you do get into it, there are tons of mods available at twcenter.net which make the game soooo much better...
    Total Rome War is the best game ever. I played that game every night for about 10 hours a night straight until I beat it. Make sure its Total Rome War not Medievil War.

Also either try out the Sims 2 or Sim City 4.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-05-2008 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast