Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wanna start playing a SIM game. Where 2 start?

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    so, i've got this itch to play something like simcity or civilization or something of that nature. i have NEVER played these types of games be4. i've played command & conquer and that's fun, but now i just wanna micro manage and build a city/civilization. this will be played on PC. i'm leaning toward civ4. what's something good 2 play?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Games   -   #2
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    are you talking about sims2 ? I didnt have the patience to play this game. Also, it was kind of slow on my computer to reap the rewards.

3. Games   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I would recommend Civilization 4 and the expansions or/and Galactic Civilizations and the expansion. Also maybe try SimCity 4 (not as fun as the first two, IMO). Honestly, reading this thread makes me want to play Civ 4 (I am downloading it and both expansions right now).
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 12-18-2007 at 03:29 AM.

4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    I am downloading it and both expansions right now.
    same here. 3gb version with crack. my old room mate played civ3 and i would just get stoned and watch never to play. civ4 has an atomic bomb or some shit, idk. looked cool. hopefully it will be. dl'ing this game for myself for xmas. merry xmas 2 me.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

5. Games   -   #5
    If you specifically looking for one of the "Sim" games, I've found that Sim City 4 is mildly entertaining. Their new game, Sim Societies (?) isn't too bad either

6. Games   -   #6
    Thanks, it was usefull for me, too.

7. Games   -   #7
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Sim City 4 is the game for you mate. Also try out total rome war. Game based in medival time period. You manage troops and terrorities vs modern day buildings and cities though but still hella fun.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. Games   -   #8
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Sim City 4 + Rush Hour is the game.

9. Games   -   #9
    well, it took me like 3 days to get civ4 + expansions and i started playing it. idk wtf i'm doing. i'm basically just picking something to learn or do and ending the round. seems mindless & that's what i wanted, but i wish i knew wtf i was doing. so, i'm into the game trying to learn it (no instructions and 1st civ game i've ever played) by having a military, education and settling shit. then BAM! the game crashes. hrm, so i reboot and try it again from where i left off. crashes again. so, i guess that's where i end my civ experience. i look online to see if the game is $20. i'd buy it if it was. mind u i have civ4 + 2 exps. that's about $90-$100. lol, ain't gonna spend $40 on civ4 if i end up not liking it. maybe i'll start over and try again. i'd like to play it or @ least understand it. last game i've played like this was nobunaga's ambition for the nes. that shit was hard, but i did beat it once i learned it. i guess i've lied about never playing a sim type game. i just forgot about that one. it's been 18 years. lol. meh, in the meantime i guess it's back to team fortress 2. tf2 is great, but wanted to learn something new. /sad.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

10. Games   -   #10
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Haha, I played Civ 4 today and I had the same problem. I had no clue what I was doing.

it took me like 3 days to get civ4 + expansions
    Join Bitsoup. I got Civ 4 and both expansions within a matter of a few hours. Very fast tracker and they have like every PC game you can imagine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast