Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pin Positioning

optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    as i said i never heard of such pinouts, wanted to check if manual says something about it. unfortunately gigabyte is currently down as usual

that's a nice board tho, i made 690g box for a friend couple of days ago and wanted that one, but as i couldnt find it i had to go with biostar

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well my best guess is that if nothing has happened nothing prob will, other than burning the LED out, but prob not. As Lynx said theres not much current coming through the MoBo to those pins so no big deal I would say, cool effect if anything. Did you try putting it the correct way to see if it worked regularly now?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Yes it still works regularly as well.
    Here's a pic for you Optimus.
    It's the connection on the far left. The green wire is typically supposed to be on bottom with yellow on top.
    And another pic just for fun to show off my 8mp digital camera
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    8mp digital camera, used to take 1mp quality pics.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Ok, this may sound interesting to check out. I may want to try doing this myself.
    On my pc, I have two leds, one is

green(stays on all the time when pc is on)
    red( turns on when cpu is busy)

I would like to change the red light to something else
    How exactly do the pinouts work?
    I'd like to add the 3pin leds to mess with the colours.

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Just so you guys know...
    The activity LED is indicating hard drive access, NOT CPU activity.

A small point to be sure, but true nonetheless.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    8mp digital camera, used to take 1mp quality pics.
    It was sarcasm, although it is 1.3mp

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun92 View Post
    I would like to change the red light to something else
    How exactly do the pin-outs work?
    I'd like to add the 3pin leds to mess with the colours.
    well i'm not sure this exact example can help you. you can change led color by changing diode but as for activity, i don't think even acpi pin-outs behave that way. i personally never heard of power-led pin-out that behaves in described manner.

what puzzles me is, if i understood pic correctly (btw. thanks for pics kaiweiler, great camera ) we are talking about green/yellow connector, meaning it's standard 3pin - 2 wire connector. meaning 3rd pin on the board is irrelevant, but i checked gb manual to be on the safe side and it's just another ground. so, with the connector flipped backward there shouldn't be any light in properly grounded case.
    kaiweiler are you absolutely sure light ain't coming from some other source? i'm almost 100% certain that what you are looking at is in fact ide-led and power-led is just turned off.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    could it be that its a bjt led?

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    well i'm not sure this exact example can help you. you can change led color by changing diode but as for activity, i don't think even acpi pin-outs behave that way. i personally never heard of power-led pin-out that behaves in described manner.

what puzzles me is, if i understood pic correctly (btw. thanks for pics kaiweiler, great camera ) we are talking about green/yellow connector, meaning it's standard 3pin - 2 wire connector. meaning 3rd pin on the board is irrelevant, but i checked gb manual to be on the safe side and it's just another ground. so, with the connector flipped backward there shouldn't be any light in properly grounded case.
    kaiweiler are you absolutely sure light ain't coming from some other source? i'm almost 100% certain that what you are looking at is in fact ide-led and power-led is just turned off.
    Yes I am sure light is not coming from another source, it is too bright.
    And it does seem to match HDD activity, as clocker previously said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast