Thread: Invite attitude

Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    What's up with the "don't trade our invites but here's a forum topic where you can change other sites invites even though they don't want invite trading either"-attitude?

I mean there's this "hard-to-get" tracker.
    Which as rules: "Don't trade your invites"... but in the forum they have this topic "Trade your invites here".

Is it just me that thinks this is wrong?

So FST tell me what you think

EDIT: Sorry if this is the wrong forum. But I THINK it should be right?
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Xtremist's Avatar Veteran Trader BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    ^^ Many sites are locking such threads now out of respect for other trackers or atleast entering into an agreement with each other..............but yeah that kinda feels stupid

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
    What's up with the "don't trade our invites but here's a forum topic where you can change other sites invites even though they don't want invite trading either"-attitude?

I mean there's this "hard-to-get" tracker.
    Which as rules: "Don't trade your invites"... but in the forum they have this topic "Trade your invites here".

Is it just me that thinks this is wrong?

So FST tell me what you think

EDIT: Sorry if this is the wrong forum. But I THINK it should be right?
    good trackers don't do that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I don't necessarily think this is an attitude problem, but anyway: some of those "invite threads" on private trackers have rules to only offer invites and not request or trade them. While that doesn't always work because some members are just too lazy or too stupid to read before they post, an attempt for free invites was made.

To be honest, I don't think those threads are evil because I've seen a couple of staff members of other trackers use them to give out (unlimited) invites. The most recent one I remember are waffles invites in the what pu forum.

On another note: I'd much rather give away my invites to members of a private tracker rather than here on FST. Some trackers have methods to catch cheaters and I for one feel safer if I know that a possible invitee has been member for some time without getting banned. The same cannot be said for the free entry FST grants their members That's not necessarily a criticism of the current system but a simple fact.

After some time comparing those invites I gave out here and on private trackers one thing is clear: a considerable part of invitees I found in the FST forums are already deleted for inactivity. The most likely thing to find here are tracker collectors it seems.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    With a lot of sites that are like that,
    they say don't trade invites in PUBLIC forums...
    meaning in a private forum, or the forum of another bittorrent tracker,
    it's okay.
    However, trading at FST, where anyone can register,
    is not allowed.

I think, more often than not, the trading rules are aimed towards FST.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yep when the mention 'public' forums its safe to assume they are talking about us. yes it does sound kind of silly that a site which says dont trade our invites have entire sections dedicated to that very thing in their own forums. but more often than not, in these invite sections you will see people giving invites to people who have good ratios on that site only. maybe its a way they take care of their good members by giving them other sites.