Thread: Question on Bitorrenting

ok i am in a wireless school and im always with my laptop will i have the same speed downloading as if i was in a wired connection? also i like to download movies and screeners what is the best way to hide my ip address from mpaa so i dont get caught downloading and uploading because as we all know torents arent like usenet they are not in one major server

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Computer Scientist BT Rep: +1
    the speed will be the same, depending on what wireless you're using. if wireless g, then you wont see a difference on internet, but you will on intranet.

the best way to stay "safe" in bittorrenting is to use something like the safepeer plugin for azureus, or the same type of thing for whichever client you use.
    just a guy who doesn't like to pay for movies....or video games...or software...or television...or music...you know, just like everyone else!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    carpediemm's Avatar FST bitch BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There are so many using bittorent so it's a very small chance getting caught.
    Seize the Day

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    It depends on the connection you were on and the wireless you're using. There are 2 type of wireless connection that most ppl use now, it's 802.11g and 802.11n, if you're on g wireless you have max speed of 54Mbps, if you're n wireless connection then you have max speed of 144Mbps, while the wired connection has 2 speeds, 100Mbps and 1Gbps. But again, it depends on the speed of the internet connection. Even if you're wireless n connection but the internet connection speed is only at 3Mbps, then it would be the same whether you're using the wireless or the wired connection.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by acemanep View Post
    ok i am in a wireless school and im always with my laptop will i have the same speed downloading as if i was in a wired connection? also i like to download movies and screeners what is the best way to hide my ip address from mpaa so i dont get caught downloading and uploading because as we all know torents arent like usenet they are not in one major server
    School=Firewall. Don't bother.