Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: ScT bears down on cheats

Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Quote Originally Posted by jam0980tr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TriviuM View Post
    yeah def i agree dude, its the pro cheaters which we need to clamp down on, as you said he noobs and trades stand out like sore thumbs and takes f-all to find them.

Pro cheaters are undetectable. I wish i catch them not the noob's they are easy to detect. I knw how system works for noob's
    because i have banned few of them on my site
    ScT's latest script does not catch 'noob' cheaters (they are caught by old scripts), but more intelligent cheaters as it can determine whether the data being sent to the tracker (be it legitimate or faked) is authentic bittorrent data.

Even ex-staff have been caught, who are happily cheating on other trackers still because most trackers do not have the new script we have just implemented.
    Last edited by Swax; 12-21-2007 at 01:20 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Swax View Post

Pro cheaters are undetectable. I wish i catch them not the noob's they are easy to detect. I knw how system works for noob's
    because i have banned few of them on my site
    ScT's latest script does not catch 'noob' cheaters (they are caught by old scripts), but more intelligent cheaters as it can determine whether the data being sent to the tracker (be it legitimate or faked) is authentic bittorrent data.

Even ex-staff have been caught, who are happily cheating on other trackers still because most trackers do not have the new script we have just implemented.
    lol, I know djGrrr is a god, but I have serious doubts a founding member of ScT was cheating. Obviously the script still has some kinks to work out.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    I'm yet another donating exmember whom sct has fckd! Hope their servers have a meltdown. Have ftn and scc now...sct can kiss ass. btw...never cheated or used seedbox..just used my acct while on vacation in the uk!! Prix...

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post

lol, I know djGrrr is a god, but I have serious doubts a founding member of ScT was cheating. Obviously the script still has some kinks to work out.
    ex staff doesn't mean he was a founding member. Who knows ,maybe old mitch did it, thats why he's gone a while now. Plus last week there were 16 VIP's ,now there are only 14

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx View Post
    I'm yet another donating exmember whom sct has fckd! Hope their servers have a meltdown. Have ftn and scc now...sct can kiss ass. btw...never cheated or used seedbox..just used my acct while on vacation in the uk!! Prix...
    Your in a queue with the rest of us mate...

Nothin to them tho, one member goes, another joins.

Someone with script knowledge said to me that even if the script bans you, and your innocent ofcourse, if a staff member checks it out, he should be able to determine if the cheating was legit or not...

Obviously this ain't the case with ScT...banning donating members that never cheated and not giving a shit

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    I doubt they will catch it. Ghost Leecher get peers but don't talk to tracker (no reporting, no tracker communication)
    true, but they need to get that IPs from some one.
    = cheat

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Obviously this ain't the case with ScT...banning donating members that never cheated and not giving a shit
    If only it was as simple as "Oh wait, we were horribly wrong, here have your account back again".

It is a user's word against the system's script.

Anyone caught cheating would deny it wouldn't they, regardless of whether they are innocent or not.

Only the coder can check whether each user was banned legitimately, which would require him not trusting his own script, which believe it or not is not the case.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    If only it was as simple as "Oh wait, we were horribly wrong, here have your account back again".

It is a user's word against the system's script.

Anyone caught cheating would deny it wouldn't they, regardless of whether they are innocent or not.

Only the coder can check whether each user was banned legitimately, which would require him not trusting his own script, which believe it or not is not the case.
    No offense but thats crap mate. If the coder is experienced he could look back and see descripencies in the coding and know it has to be tweaked or whatever.

In the past a different high level tracker changed their script and it banned members including good members and they new it and ammended it.

I know nearly every cheat pleads innocent all the time and if I was a staff member or coder I would have a pain in the ass checking back on every guy who said he didn't cheat but if I saw lots of members being banned and lots of guys heading on IRC support, "alarm bells" would start ringing and the script would have to be reviewd.

When a member is banned from a site nearly everyone jumps on the band wagon and straight away assumes the guy is guilty and thats understandable as most times they are or did something wrong but I think a lot of people from now on when they see someone banned from ScT, it will be questionable as whether he was guilty or not.

Bottom line is ScT script is not Working correctly..simple.

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    [quote=fisherman;2516772]

Bottom line is ScT script is not Working correctly..simple.
    i find that hard to believe. dj with retro are probably the best coders the BT scene has to offer at the moment. Just look at how flawlesly ScT is running ,i haven't found another site that matches the level of ScT, it's a reference point for other trackers to follow

@ lol eezee as a gmod the userbase will be decimated shortly
    Last edited by dragos; 12-21-2007 at 05:47 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by TmZ View Post
    I doubt they will catch it. Ghost Leecher get peers but don't talk to tracker (no reporting, no tracker communication)
    true, but they need to get that IPs from some one.
    = cheat
    Yep, they DO connect to the tracker, just once, and not to report. They HAVE to get a list of peers, otherwise, they would not have any sources to dl from now would they? And don't go saying they just need one, DHT isn't enabled on these people so they have to get the peer list from the tracker, period.
    Yes, there is the occasional person that dl's a torrent and changes their mind after starting it, but if you see the same person connecting to torrents, but never reporting back, and that torrent has data mis matches, busted. Its not hard to catch cheaters (all cheaters), it just takes time and a good systematic way of verifying stats and past histories. Its a tedious job, glad to see admins stepping up to the challenge!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast