Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, what does 0-Day/Scene mean?

Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    no problem. google is your friend

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma1979 View Post
    i dont think it matters, as soon as its on one site, its on all sites within hours

You know I was going to say the same thing. Maybe it matters to some to dl a movie as SOON as it comes out. Me? I'd rather wait a bit, see how the movie rates over at VCD, and then dl.

I hate wasting my time dl'ing if the movie is shit.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    0day doesn't necessarily refer to all software/media/etc obtained within the release date, but actually "rips" of software (PC games and apps)... ISO, video, mp3 are all separate...

mind you, it's been a while since I've had intimate access to the scene, so I'm sure there are other "categories"....
    Last edited by slaman; 12-18-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    Zero day or 0day refers to software, media, or information that is obtained either slightly prior to or on the day of the official release. Items gained further in advance are deemed “Negative day” or sometimes “-day”.
    No it doesn't.

If a released is released on 01.01.08 and you get it on 01.0.108, it is 0day. 0days old.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    a 0-day item does not necessarily mean it is released the day before.. if you're on P2P you might get it 1-3 days after the official release. It is still considered 0-day /scene or whatever you want to call it

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    0day refers to the age of when the scene group releases the product, not necessarily the age of the product's official release.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12