Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: are traders a dying breed?

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i noticed that more and more people stop trading and become ex trader.

i also noticed that many members don't trade from the beginning.

the majority of bt users on fst are non traders (see my poll).

i think it's a good development.

people realise that it's better to be with the trackers and not against them and their rules.

i have the impression that some traders get a little nervous because they're afraid that they don't find trade partner anymore ;-)

it's always good to see new fst members who are against trading.

you will be the future user of the real good trackers.

one day you will look down on traders and laugh at them, because they still try to trade for a site that you got for free

hey traders: go and spam this thread or are you embarrased? fight for your right to break site rules

p.s. traders hate publicity and to post in tracker forums, it's the constant fear of being caught and disabled
    they only feel comfortable in the invite section.
    that's why i doubt any of them will comment.

Last edited by Polarbear; 12-18-2007 at 12:23 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    medo's Avatar FST Elite BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I hope they do what they say
    Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

the majority of bt users on fst are non traders (see my poll).
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    p.s. traders hate publicity and to post in tracker forums, it's the constant fear of being caught and disabled
    they only feel comfortable in the invite section.
    that's why i doubt any of them will comment.
    These two things are connected in my opinion. There are new traders every day but most will never venture outside the invite section. I am not saying that trading is a good thing, but simply that if you carried out the same poll in the invite section the results might be very different.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    It all depends how everyone sees it

Others prefer to kiss ass or post ass kissing videos on youtube in order to get ftn

On the other hand there are some other members who don't want to beg to get into ftn or wait forever to be invited without ass kissing or posting a thread full of lies (like I love the community feeling - and once they got invited, they never post in the forums).

These members prefer to get into ftn (or sct or ftwr) without ass kissing or creating a thread full of lies; they trade a buffered account or a couple of invites instead. This is again the trackers' rules, but you may consider that begging or similar is against their life rules and they will never do it, as I never did it, although I got ftn for free

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    you dont need to beg to get into higher level sites. there are giveaways of high level trackers from time to time where you can participate. if you are a good member, and help people out its not that hard to get these invites. even i got a few high level trackers for free and i got them mainly because of the friends i made more than anything else. so i dont consider that trading is a more dignified option as you suggest.
    with trackers getting stricter and stricter, surely we will see fewer traders around. especially in a public forum like this where everyone can see what is happening. but there are other places they can go do that. so yes, looks like the trading graph is declining in fst. but you only need to look through the invites section to note that they are not anywhere close to extinction

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Dying breed? No, they are not. They survive and always stay with us. It is human nature...And some people cannot imagine but trading to grab the long - wished invite to the target - tracker. Either they aren't creative enough, or think this path is faster. Building trust and make friends are the only way to get in, IMHO. In the long run that is the only way. But i do not despise traders. I got lots of buddies among them. They are no inferior or less precious in any way.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    They are always chasing and looking for fresh gain.

Building trust and make friends are the only way to get in
    couldn't say it better
    HT

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i donno why people trade accounts , if you are a good user in the sites you use it wont be hard at all finding invites .

am new here , and i kept hearing about this site sct , so i asked a friend of mine about the tracker and he said it was a 0day site like Torrentleech with pretty much the same content , he even offered an invite . . but i rejected the invite since i already have torrentleech .

so why do people trade accounts ? doesnt all the scene trackers have the same content ? i know some are different . but here some people have 10+ 0day sites !

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    If your theory is correct, there wouldn't be Invites section. I would like it to be true but it isn't, and I doubt will it ever be as long bt tracker userbase is based by inviting ppl in.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar666 View Post
    Dying breed? No, they are not. They survive and always stay with us. It is human nature...And some people cannot imagine but trading to grab the long - wished invite to the target - tracker. Either they aren't creative enough, or think this path is faster. Building trust and make friends are the only way to get in, IMHO. In the long run that is the only way. But i do not despise traders. I got lots of buddies among them. They are no inferior or less precious in any way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast