Thread: It's All A Scare Tactic...

Well, from what I've read on various forums...these methods the "enemies" are using to find illegal file sharing activities are just scare tactics in order for less people to use the service. I also hear that they're only going for those who have 40GB+ worth on their computer and download a **** load (like 400 files at a time). I wish I could make this post meaningful with articles to back it up, but I'm just spreading rumors/info to calm some people down...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    you mean 40gbs in the shared folder? or ont he computer itself. ebcause i dont think they have anyway of seeign how much you have on the computer outside of the shared folder

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 July 2003 - 21:29
    you mean 40gbs in the shared folder?  or ont he computer itself.  ebcause i dont think they have anyway of seeign how much you have on the computer outside of the shared folder
    ...not LEGALLY anyway.

And yes, RIAA's activities are EXACTLY intended by them to 'scare the others' (that aren't sued) into submission.

But if 300 users is ALL they are going to be suing a week at the moment, their methods are possibly not automated as well as I thought!
    (I imagine they are just doing it slow at first and ramping up as desired.)