Thread: So Is K-lite The Best?

well....is it, i also heard of a virus going around kazaa called the klez-virus??? anyone know about this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    No it's not k-lite doesnt have partial filesharing or error correction , the best at the moment are Shareaza & Bittorent which incorporate those things, there a many viruses on kazaa, klez is one of many, just use a good anti virus program and keep it updated.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    are there any virus's on those other music downloading programs? cause if so ill go to them

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by dru1d@26 July 2003 - 11:19
    are there any virus's on those other music downloading programs? cause if so ill go to them
    There's viruses on every P2P program. If you're scared about the viruses, get a good antivirus program, like Norton. And I think that the best is BitTorrent and eMule. I don't know about shareaza, since I don't use it, but I think that eMule and BT gives uncorrupted files at a reasonable speed.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    well, you guys always talk about corrupted files, but never once have i gotten one, i mean how frequent could these things be?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by dru1d@26 July 2003 - 12:59
    well, you guys always talk about corrupted files, but never once have i gotten one, i mean how frequent could these things be?
    you obviously dont download much

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by dru1d@26 July 2003 - 18:19
    Then go get them...
    Maybe it'll give you Diareah

Enjoy.

On a serious note there are much less on eMule clients like Shareaza, though speeds may be slower.
    Bittorent is also better in this regard, though it is mainly for newer files.
    Shareaza has bothe eMule and Bittorent built in along with G1 and G2.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by kAb+26 July 2003 - 17:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 26 July 2003 - 17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dru1d@26 July 2003 - 12:59
    you obviously dont download much [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ve downloaded thousands of files on kazaa and i havent ever got any either....just gotta make sure u pick out your downloads carefuly.....the ones wth high quality and lots of people that have it.

Here&#39;s a good way not to get virus&#39;s guys....

Call your ISP and tell them your canceling your internet connection and throw away your computer. You&#39;ll be 100% virus free.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken+26 July 2003 - 18:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slammy_dunken @ 26 July 2003 - 18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dru1d@26 July 2003 - 11:19
    are there any virus&#39;s on those other music downloading programs? cause if so ill go to them
    There&#39;s viruses on every P2P program. If you&#39;re scared about the viruses, get a good antivirus program, like Norton. And I think that the best is BitTorrent and eMule. I don&#39;t know about shareaza, since I don&#39;t use it, but I think that eMule and BT gives uncorrupted files at a reasonable speed. [/b][/quote]
    shareaza is on the eMule network, and you can open torrent files with it. Plus you get on the gnutella network too... i think it&#39;s great.