Thread: This Is How I Know My Ip Address Changes

IamCool
    If you are not a registered message board user, only your IP address will be checked. Your IP address is most likely dynamically handed out whenever you log in to your ISP (such as AOL or Earthlink), and many different people can end up using the same IP address over the course of a day. Unfortunately, if you are not a registered message board user, this could prevent you from voting in the poll, especially if you use one of the more popular nationwide ISPs (such as AOL or Earthlink) or if you are surfing from behind a proxy server (most businesses and some content-filtering ISPs use these).

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/poll/ipquestions.asp

when I vote on a poll, it says a vote as already been submitted by my IP address im currently using because AOL, Earthlink etc.. hands out a new IP address everytime someone logs on to there service so im getting another IP address everyday.So i guess the RIAA cant get me!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Time of infraction/ISP logs/Operating system/IP= court subpoena and law suit.

No you haven't found the holy grail yet.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by IamCool@25 July 2003 - 04:00
    If you are not a registered message board user, only your IP address will be checked. Your IP address is most likely dynamically handed out whenever you log in to your ISP (such as AOL or Earthlink), and many different people can end up using the same IP address over the course of a day. Unfortunately, if you are not a registered message board user, this could prevent you from voting in the poll, especially if you use one of the more popular nationwide ISPs (such as AOL or Earthlink) or if you are surfing from behind a proxy server (most businesses and some content-filtering ISPs use these).

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/poll/ipquestions.asp

when I vote on a poll, it says a vote as already been submitted by my IP address im currently using because AOL, Earthlink etc.. hands out a new IP address everytime someone logs on to there service so im getting another IP address everyday.So i guess the RIAA cant get me!
    You can eaisly get caught, yes they hand out diffrent ip's every time you log on, but all riaa/mpaa does is log your ip address time/date stamp it , get the subpoena go to the isp and compare the isp logs( which logs who gets the ip's and at what times) with there own.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    IamCool
    damn, i thopught forsure i wasnt going to get gaught!