Thread: Q: Ratioproof blur

Hi, I just have a simple (dumb?) question.

When some posts a ratioproof they blur some of the things you can see on the screenshot, nothing unusual I think.

But sometimes they blur part of there seeding ratio.

Like when you would see: Ratio: 1.210 Uploaded: 112.23 GB Downloaded: 98.38 GB Slots: Unlimited slots
    They post: Ratio: 1.*** Uploaded: 112.** GB Downloaded: 98.** GB Slots: Unlimited slots

It's maybe a stupid question, but why is this? Because they could be cought by site admins surfing this forum?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    They are not so easy to find then. I guess its most necessary for traders, i dunno

Not that admins couldnt find ips through fst in like 0,0000001 sec if they would like to...

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    its your info..why would you put it out there??
    your asking for trouble...
    and as far as I know... fst does not share members info.
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by magushun View Post
    They are not so easy to find then. I guess its most necessary for traders, i dunno

Not that admins couldnt find ips through fst in like 0,0000001 sec if they would like to...
    Just to be clear, I don't appreciate your implication. FST DOES NOT give out our members Ip addresses to other sites. The only few times this has been done, as far as I know, is the rare case when a user is found to be a severe cheater or found to be selling invites on E-bay or something like that.

As far as your question SkykeN people do this because tracker staff who try and hunt down invite traders can use your exact ratio to find you. not too many people have the exact same ratio so if they have that exact number they can find you much easier and disable the acct.
    Last edited by Detale; 12-19-2007 at 02:06 AM.