Thread: Photoshop Image Pasting

TRshady
    ok, I have an image made and want to add images to it so I copy and paste into my image but the pasted image is too big so:

How do I resize the image I pasted?

and:

If I paste a picture which has a white backgroud or any other other colour is there a way to get the picture by it's self and without the rest of the out side colour?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    the image you pasted should now be a new layer - go to the edit menu, select transform - scale, a boundary box wiil appear round the pasted image, hold down the shift key(to keep the image in proportion) and drag one of the box corners.

to get rid of the background colour, make sure your working on the correct layer, and use the magic wand tool and click on the colour you dont want, hold down shift to select more areas and when you have selected everything you dont want, press backspace. if you struggle with your selections, meaning it starts selecting areas that you want to keep because theres not much contrast, go to the window menu and make sure tool options is ticked, and this will give you a 'tolerance' slider, the lower the tolerance, the more accurate the colour selection is.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TRshady
    WOW, that is so helpful. Thank you very much mate, never knew it was possible. I'll go into hibernation now creating some images. . Thanks again.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    no worries