Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: defragmentor

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Werter View Post
    I use Raxco, too.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    As regards those who wonder if defragging is worth it....

I used to sell and look after PC's in the 1980's (20 and 40 MEG hard drives) and we definitley noticed a speed up in loading software and files etc on those drives. Nowadays programs load so much faster that we probably don't notice the delay.

Also defragging means the drive has less work to do to load files which must be a plus in the long term.

I am testing AusLogics Defragger Free ! (from their web site) and its OK so far.

Kind Regards

Digby

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @digmen1 , I was wondering how you made out . I 'v always used one too usually before I burn a disk and I RARELY make a coaster . I try so many software programs , burn movies and the like so constantly deleting files or programs so maybe I get more defraged issues .

After a clean install its one of the first programs I install on a setup . Do I notice a speed increase ? not really but don't seem to get errors or freeze ups .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    diskeeper for the win. For the record I like version 9.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by DislikedWord View Post
    diskeeper for the win. For the record I like version 9.
    Why 9, cause from then on it got harder to crack?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I've tried Diskeeper and Raxco PerfectDisk but my favorite is O&O Defrag. It automatically defrags your computer when its senses the need to and allocate resources so you won't feel much of a slowdown.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    diskeeper for me, but i use the older version. upgrades dont always help older computers.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What about Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2 ????

Code:
    Defragments the hard disk automatically and "invisibly" in the background. 
    Pauses defragmentation automatically as soon as other programs require processor capacity or access the hard disk. 
    Switching to Pause mode only takes around one second. 
    Support for defragmenting compressed files. 
    No analysis needed - defragmentation starts immediately! The advanced defragmentation algorithm eliminates the need for a time-consuming analysis phase. This means that the program is genuinely productive whenever it's running, even if it's just for a few seconds. 
    Install & Forget: Once the program is installed it runs in the background as a service and keeps the hard disk defragmented automatically. 
    Statistic functions for monitoring defragmentation. 
    Multi-user support: Once the administrator has installed the program it keeps running, even on restricted user accounts without administrator rights. 
    Also defragments the hard disk when no user is logged in. 
    Can be controlled and monitored via a local network.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    MODERATION BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Another vote for Raxco.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    TheBest=Disktrix Ultimate Defrag(But you need to do some things to make it perfect for you/more of a power user defrag program)

2ndBest=O&O because it has 5 or 6 ways to organize your drives(Use to be my favorite till disktrix UD came out)

3rd best=Diskeeper it is the easiest one to use out of the bunch and probably the fastest too(it also defrags in the background which comes in handy.Only defrags in back when it knows you are not doing anything important)

4th best=Perfectdisk(To me this one isn't even worth using but give it a try anyway you may find that you like this one the best who knows )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast