Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this frowned upon?

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    there is a "a" site one must not talk about that doesn't allow it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    theres loads of sites that dont allow direct seeding. lol

lol @site one must not talk about

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
    Theres a difference between uploading the actual torrent to another site, and seeding the same torrent on another site.
    I actually meant 'seeding' the torrent at site 'B', as in - downloading the actual 'torrent file' from site 'B' but replacing the files(movie/music) with the 100% completed ones from site 'A'

Thus not adding to anymore of site 'B's download score, but improving the upload score.

It seems a bit cheeky, but both sites benifit really, as long as the ratio for the torrent on site 'A' is kept above 1:1

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ive done exactly this with some harder to seed sites,.my SCT ratio is mostly built on content i downloaded elsewhere where i had already built a big buffer.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    The reason I was asking this was I didn't want a new account banning if the admin looked and saw loads of upload with very little/no download, perhaps it would look like cheating or something?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    it's not exactly something that reduces the overseeding problem though.

the more people do it - the harder it is to keep your ratio - the more people do it.

i usually dl and ul on the same sites.

the whole thing shouldn't be encouraged too much.

i did site racing as well, but i'm much too comfortable for it nowadays
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-23-2007 at 12:30 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    All of my site ratios are pretty well off but now I use alot of NG's too so I can easily get the file there and UL it to torrent sites no prob.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    wrongun92's Avatar Love Life BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    whats NG?

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    All of my site ratios are pretty well off but now I use alot of NG's too so I can easily get the file there and UL it to torrent sites no prob.
    Last edited by wrongun92; 12-23-2007 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    NewsGroups My man, as someone recently put it"You are on NG's now!? Welcome to the top of the mountain"

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by 5MeoDmt View Post
    IF I download a file from site 'A' then seed it in site 'B' so as to improve my site 'B' ratio?

i used to do it and still [but not that much] do it

btw, some people who download a file from site 'A' and seed it over 'B' only look at torrent file name and size. However, it's important to make sure every file match up same otherwise it will give you error on file being seeded on site 'A'. If torrent from site 'A' and 'B' are of same size (say 4.80 GB) then of course files with more than 1+ MB will be identical...so where it often differers is small files (in kB)...often those files happen to be .nfo...and they might differ from site 'A' to site 'B'...so what i usually do [before i start seeding in site 'B'] is that i skip files less in kB.

Have fun seeding!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    there is a "a" site one must not talk about that doesn't allow it.
    MANGO!
    Last edited by squirr3l; 12-23-2007 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast