Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Riaa Subpoenas Are Flying

L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    TechTV RIAA Subpoena list

Apparently techtv has gotten a list of usernames that are being subpoenaed by the RIAA. I'm not sure how accurate this list is, there are probably more but I think its still worthy of checking up on it. I personally am not worried. If this is all they got out of 4 million users, than I prolly have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting caught. LOL.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    meltman
    I know the RIAA is gonna do some illegal stuff, watch out.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    kazaaliteuser1202
    They just need to get a few, and a lot of publicity to scare more and more, it'll be like a snow ball effect. Though it's only people in the States they can get. :P

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    just want to apologize, as I see someone already made apost on this exact same subject. Had I put this post in the right thread to begin with I would have realized that. My bad.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by meltman@25 July 2003 - 17:50
    I know the RIAA is gonna do some illegal stuff, watch out.
    huh what are they gunna do ?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I did a search at EFF.com and came up with this on the names that I did a search on from the hit list. It looks like most of those subpoenas were from people sharing on 6-26-03 thru 7-2-03. So I would say If you were on p2p and sharing those days you have a slight chance of receiving a subpoena but not likely.

Heres the link if you would like to do some searching yourself and you'll also need Acrobat reader the subpoenas are in PDF form.

:rtfm:http://www.eff.com/

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    chalkmongoose
    Of course, nobody can figure out the simple truth. That is bullshit. Those usernames mean nothing on a decentralized network, unless you have WAN IPs to back 'em, and even then you can't do as much as the RIAA has claimed you can do.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    good job they are catching people by IP from behind usernames... i scrolled down that list and mine was there!

www.k_lite.tk_Kazaa_Lite@Kazaa

wonder how many people looked at this list and saw this there, and are worrying about a subpoena? heh. good job i live in the UK...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Yeah - disable wan ip in your router if you can - a guy was busted a while ago using kazaa who had his wan enabled, and was not blocking 1214. Good advice for sure.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    MxPx182's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by Faethe@26 July 2003 - 23:11
    Yeah - disable wan ip in your router if you can....
    How You do that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast